ANOTHER SITE DEDICATED TO THE ERADICATION OF OFF-ROADING...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006 | 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default ANOTHER SITE DEDICATED TO THE ERADICATION OF OFF-ROADING...

you know why they love MOTHER Earth so much is they bury there heads in it ,

Old 03-01-2006 | 01:11 PM
TPR
The Champ

Hmmm, still wating for confirmation. Even emailed the main site, no response.

I think I disguised myself enough in that I put some witty signature talking about common sense, compassion and educated,civil discussion will go farther to bring about change than angry closed mindedness.

And to speak to J4K about pre-writing their "witty" responses, I am on page 3 of some real good stuff.

I think that I will probably need to copy and pdf the post to prove it's existance for posterity. I simply want a battle of wits with these goofs. I will go old school Phantom and not let anything get me fired up. That will probably frustrate them more than any angry word ever will.

Let's try...Ahem.."Well my friend, I understand the point of view that you have on this topic, and though you seem very much against my position, and would seem to be more apt to fire off heated vitreal my way in order to get the desired reaction of anger and venom, I am a calm, level headed individual only hoping to spark a candid, adult and intellectual discussion in a peaceful manner with those people that have issue with that which I have enjoyed for most of my life. Thank you for your comments and I appreciate in advance our further discussion....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]"

Just working on my chops here!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TPR

Old 03-01-2006 | 01:30 PM
TPR
The Champ

I just got this email....

We are having a technical problem with registrations that we are trying to solve. Sorry for the problem.

On Feb 28, 2006, at 9:04 AM, jayce karl wrote:

Hello all!!!

I just recently signed up with your web-forums and have yet to receive my confirmation email that will allow me access to the discussion forums. Please let me know when I may expect to get the confirmation so that I may begin to enjoy the benefits of your discussion area.

Thank You!!!

Jayce (AKA TPR)

Old 03-01-2006 | 01:35 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider

TPR, our sport is so much better because of people like you. But then you already know that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2006 | 02:02 PM
TPR
The Champ

Well, as strange as it may sound, I am for certian controls and limitations on where we can ride. I have never believed that we can just ride anywhere, wreak havock and run the loudest exhaust possible because it's "My Right." That is a problem on our side, those individuals that don't properly understand the laws.

Driving ORV's on public lands is a privaliage, not a right. In order to preserve this I have seen law enforcement crack down on the "Idiots" more and more. We were even having a discussion on alcohol with some Sherrifs and Rangers as they were arresting one of the said idiots. Dude was tearing around people in a very basic truck. Had a non legal whip and flag and they busted him. 17 years old and drunk.

My friends and I walked up and BS'd with them and here is their stance when it comes to alcohol. "We know that a majority of you all drink out here and at some point will operate your ORV's. We know that many are operated at alcohol levels beyond the legal limit. We also know that there are those that operate beyond the legal limits and have the ability to use enough caution to get themselves where they need to go while not putting themselves or others at risk. While we don't condone this, if you drink and ride, and have the ability to take your time and not draw attention to yourself, you will unlikely be caught. We focus on the blatant troublemakers to try and weed them out to offer a the best possible environment for fun."

We were all having a few beers, they saw we were calm and just enjoying the evening. They could have busted us, but saw that while most had a few beers, we didn't pose a serious threat.

I learned my limits years ago. I got drunk, and was riding back to camp. Thought I had my full riding ability and hit some whoops at a good clip. I got all out of sorts, backed off and from that point if ever my abilities were impaired at any level, I would make my journey a very cautious and casual one.

Somehow, my common sense would kick in when it normally disappears for most people.

Now I enjoy maybe 1 or 2 beers and then wait till I get to camp for the night before the real party begins!!

TPR

Old 03-01-2006 | 02:43 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider

Good for you TPR. Well said and more important, very honest. Alcohol is a problem but I think it's important for people to understand that it is not a problem associated directly with ORV's in general. No, it is much more wide spread and present in many sports and non-athletic activities as well. Is there any bigger problem with alcohol than those who choose to get plastered and then get behind the wheel? I don't think so. I wonder how many of these so-called "peace seeking anti-ORV individuals" hit the pipe or cook up a gypsum weed soup to be closer to nature?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2006 | 03:07 PM
TPR
The Champ

More than any of them are willing to admit.

TPR

Old 03-01-2006 | 03:36 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
I wonder how many of these so-called "peace seeking anti-ORV individuals" hit the pipe or cook up a gypsum weed soup to be closer to nature?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THAT INTO THIS!!! DAMMIT J4K!!!!!! People good and bad from all walks of life Endulge in activities not looked apon kindly by someone else. outta sight outta mind. what anyone does in their private time is None of anyone elses busines [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2006 | 03:44 PM
TPR
The Champ

I have been granted access! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TPR

Old 03-01-2006 | 04:06 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TPR
I have been granted access! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TPR
TPR IS IN!! TPR IS IN!! Here we go![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ANOTHER SITE DEDICATED TO THE ERADICATION OF OFF-ROADING...