The DS-650 is cleanin house.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2000, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, he is just the typical banshee owner, angary that this new quad is getting the all the glory. He made it up that he owned one in his dreams. I'm glad that we now have a new sport quad to choose from! I just hope they keep 'em comming, because they sound great to me!

Old 01-17-2000, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well well well. I think that in fact the DS 650 is a good bike and Bombardier did a good job on it. It's just that it ain't the best thing out now. The 400EX and banshee still rule quads. The DS isn't even going to get mass produced. I don't think Honda or Yamaha would have to make a bigger quad just to compete with the DS, cuz the DS is just bigger and clumsier. And yes, the DS might have "big" suspension and a "wide" stance, but i'm not going to go out and pay the $$$$$ it costs for the thing.

Old 01-17-2000, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stocker, the President, Chairman of the Board, Members of the Board of Directors, and all stockholders of Bombardier shall be most disappointed in your decision, surely!

From reading your posts (the ones not deleted by moderators for violating Forum guidelines), I wonder: has Max6X6 been reincarnated in the form of a being called, "Stocker?" Except, now a Hondaphile, in contrast to a Maxophile?

I'd like to read of your experiences and ideas, Stocker, even related to Hondas; however, take it from another Honda owner; your efforts at enhancing Honda's image by trashing all others doesn't work; instead, you reveal more about yourself than any machines you discuss.

Tree Farmer

Old 01-17-2000, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

All Kawie has to do is put the KLR650 motor in a nice chassis. Reports from the factor state that one of these exists somewhere in the Kawie testing field in Califorina.

Old 01-17-2000, 11:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The argument that $7000 alot of money, when $6000 or $5500 isnt, is ridiculous. Quite a few people have bought a brand new 400 ex or Banshee, tneh promptly upgraded them. Now how much did you machine cost? For $1000 you cant even come close to matching the OVERALL performance of the DS. Sure, put $1000 into the motor and you'll prolly beat the DS, but you still have not addressed the handling/suspension issue. So think about it. for $7000 you get ALOT more machine than you do for 5500-6000.

RoostKing

Old 01-17-2000, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

There's one sitting at Hunnington Beach Yamaha and I get to see it everyday driving home. Looks pretty bad-***, even driving by at 50. Its nice to see a new high-performance machine on the dealers floor. I've never really consideres selling my 250R for another quad, but this might be the one.

------------------

Old 01-18-2000, 04:16 AM
Range Rover

DS 650 TX, nice to see that you didn't get your DS until 3 days ago when 2 months ago or more you were boasting how bad it was to ride and that you were kicking every quad out theres azz. Just remember anyone can post a picture of a quad with any rider from a magazine if they think it makes them look cool on the board. Get a life.

------------------
Jeremiah Lucas

1989 Yamaha Banshee

Old 01-18-2000, 05:36 AM

Gentlemen,
Well if the DS has contributed anything here it is contaversey, bragging, and denial. I for one am glad to see the birth of a new high-po quad, we have all been waiting for something new for quite some time. In the last 10 years we have only really had 2 choices, the Banshee, or build your own, The reason, mostly be cause of the law suits and a document that the major manufactures signed about 11 years ago. Please forgive my memory and spelling but I believe it was called the "decent decree", This was an ageement between the goverment and the big 4 that limited the availability of high-po machines. It lasted for 10 years and it expired about a year ago. It was not a law just an agreement. Will I sell my beloved Quadzilla that I built my self from the ground up after losing my first one (which I bought new) in a fire? NO, but hopefully the DS is the mark of a new beginning, why would you want to bad mouth anything that might spark the production of several new models from all of our favorite names. If the DS excells and suzuki, and honda (hopefully some day) counters back with a new quad racer then I will be a happy man. Look at the Banshee, she is begging to be updated, and refined, after all is is only about 14 years old and the only change each year is the color and graphics. But why should yamaha change her when she was the only (major) production built HIGH-PO for so many years? Why should Honda and Suzuki and Kawasaki and Yamaha, build us some new toys? Because we are begging for them! I know that my Zilla will probably beat the Ds in a drag race (please keep in mind that mine is far from stock) but what about the woods, desert, or a hill climb? it is the thrill of finding out all of this that I can't wait for. It is the thought of new machines and back wood races and trying to keep my Zilla's pride that I look forward too. As for the price--so what most sport bikes are over the 5 grand mark and most closer to 6, If you have the dough and the desire then buy it and love it. I have atleast that much in mine, but I also know every part of it and I got to choose every part that is on it. It is built for me by me, you don't see any yellow, purple and chrome DS's sitting in showrooms do you? I like the way the DS looks, But I also love looking at my Zilla Knowing that she is a one of a kind! Bottom line be glad that you got something to ride and have the most fun with it you can. Hell I have fun riding the new LT50 I bought for my girlfriend's 6 year old, back and foreth to the shed, and I am pretty sure that DS can take little 50 in a drag race, but I am not so sure the DS can touch the 50 in a little friendly inside the garage type circle racing---LOL Have fun--ride hard---See ya
Oh and as for the DS cleaning house, I have a great shop vac that does a hell of a job but it isn't much fun to ride.

[This message has been edited by mulitple500's (edited 01-18-2000).]

Old 01-18-2000, 08:57 PM
Range Rover

i never owned a ds650 and never will and if it is such a bad a** machine why isnt it out big time , and why are they only going to make only a few , it just seems kinda funny

Old 01-18-2000, 11:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to clean house with my 500 one time, but it just got tire tracks all over the carpeting. Does the DS have carpet cleaning attachments? I havent even seen one in michigan yet, so theres none "cleaning house" up here.

Quick Reply: The DS-650 is cleanin house.