Who should I go with for ATV insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2000, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3 quotes for comprehensive+collision+liability for my $7000 ATV in Texas:

State Farm: $462/year (Pricing includes the discount on my auto policy)

Progressive: $521/year

Program Managers, Inc: $215/year

Program Managers, Inc. is endorced by Polaris (www.polaris-insurance.com), possibly arctic cat also. Does anyone have their ATV insured through Program Managers? Have you ever submitted a claim? How was is handled? Do you recommend them?

Of course you know the saying, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. So I'm causcious about choosing the low ball here.

Advice?

ScoobyDFW
'00 Dune Sport DS650

Old 01-20-2000, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

i'm signing up for it on my 96 honda 300 4x4 next week with USAA, they said it was about 130-140 range. granted that my honda probably has half the value of your quad, but the difference should be more like the difference you had with Program, about 100 more...

sounds like those other ones are way over priced.

i also just remembered i have a friend that insured his '00 timberwolf 4x4 for about 200. i could just have an experience where all i heard about was great deals, but sounds like those guys are asking to much.

i'm keeping my at school now, so there is a higher risk of theft, very high, so that's why i'm getting it, otherwise, i keep it inside and always locked up. if that were the case 100% of the time, i probably wouldn't fork over the extra money for insurence.

-brian.

Old 01-20-2000, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

Good post, over the holidays i had slid into a big wash out which caused a lot of damage to my quad in which i bent the frame,shock, and cracked the diff housing, it is still in the shop, the frame is on back order. Three days after the ajjuster was in to see my quad the shop recieved a check from my insurance company. In total from the time i took it in till the time they got there dough was 8 days. Economy insurance is there name looking after me is there game. I never thought i would be writing a testamonial for them. But if they can cut a cheque long before the quad is repaired they can keep my biss. as long as they want. Its been down since the 27/12/99 i think i'm going though withdrauls. Good luck

------------------
99 honda 450es locked,27" xts, and yellow

Old 01-20-2000, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 00 kodiak, got full coverage ins. though state farm and only 197$ a year you may try another s. farm angent for a better price .
your ins. costs could be governed by the area that you live in, high crime rate ect.

Old 01-20-2000, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

I have ins thru Program Managers, 181$/yr for Polaris Xpedition 425. After an incident that damaged my radiator, I was without my quad for almost a month. This was due mainly to a missed communication( wrong fax number). Program Managers takes your claim over the phone then refers it to the actual ins company. Since that company was in New Jersey and Im in Texas, they then refer it to a local appraisal company. This is where the wrong number came into play. After they realized their mistake, it took 2 weeks to get quad back so I assume that if it hadnt been for the wrong number it would have taken 2 weeks.

Being the understanding soul I am, I am pleased with the ins.

[This message has been edited by Pfelect (edited 01-20-2000).]

Old 01-20-2000, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I have Progressive on a 2000 Sportsman 500. Full coverage was $230.00 per year. Value, was $7,000. Don't know why your quote was so high, but they did ask a lot of questions like have I had claims in the past, did have a Motorcycle license, how many years experience riding did I have? This may have something to do with it.

Old 01-20-2000, 09:03 PM
Range Rover

i got my atv insurance thru my vehicle insurance and i found out it was cheaper for me to do it that way instead of going thru a diff comp

Old 01-20-2000, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

What all do these policies cover? I assume that they cover theft. Do they cover mechanical failure?

Old 01-21-2000, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

I hear all these different prices, but how do we get ahold of the good ones?

Thanks,

jason

Old 01-21-2000, 02:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Scooby-just had BOTH my quads stolen(stock 98 trailblazers except for the alum.wheels and paddle tires they were wearing) in Dec. They were found 2 days later(though noone bothered to let ME know for over a week!) in a pit that they had been pushed into about 60 miles away. Was very glad to have them back,and although everybody told me that dealing with adjuster's was usually hell,I had absolutely no problem with the gentleman I dealt with. The plastics were pretty much ok on them-but had gotten scratched up and he took me at my word that they had not been like that before they were stolen-paid for full replacement on ALL plastics. Same thing with the paddles-it was obvious that they had been ridden on hard pack or cement and ,even though they were 2 years old,covered the full cost of the new paddles. All in all,the claim totalled almost $2500,and they never gave me a problem at all(can't say the same for the dealer,who seemed to want to scam as much as they could off the ins. co-$230 to MOUNT 4 tires?!)Anyway,I applaud you for doing the responsible thing and getting insured-there are way to many people that I know who don't bother(in fact,noone else I know has coverage). I was always more concerned about the liability aspect than anything else-but it sure was nice not having to pay that repair bill myself! BTW, the co. was Country Companies-coverage for both quads is less than $25 a month(total) and they have great auto and homeowner rates,too!

Quick Reply: Who should I go with for ATV insurance?