:) ID this Honda engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone ID this Honda engine for me?

so heres the setup.....i have an engine in need of a rebuild/tune-up/whatever else....anyhow i do not know what kind it is other than that its a Honda, 105cc out of a 3 or 4 wheeler.....its got a 4 speed trans, with high and low ranges. its currently in a little project chopper ive been working on....it used to run pretty well but it never idled al that great and now it wont start. i checked and it has fire, kind of weak though. it does have fuel but it doesnt seem to want to start when i pull it....if anyone can ID this it would be great, even better if you guys could tell me where i might get some parts like a carb rebuild kit and all that.

thanks

Photo 1

Photo 2

Old 07-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Can anyone ID this Honda engine for me?

atc 110? that all that i can think of....

Old 07-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default :) ID this Honda engine?

Originally posted by: 4wheelerfred
atc 110? that all that i can think of....
You nailed it Fred. That's the only thing it could be with the recoil starter.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yay

ill chalk that up on my correct list [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dam it hurts to say Fred is right. lol. =]

Old 07-21-2006, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

yep looks like a 110. although i dont see honda logo anywhere on it like mine...

cant recall exactly but i think they had points that needed to be changed out every so often and that may help your starting problem. but in your pic they have CDI on the cover??? i think on the later yrs of this engine they switched it to cdi but its a little fuzzy memory.. i was just a boy so give me break! i know mine had points...changed them often.

also if there is a flaw in honda - it's sometimes in the electrical switches when things sit up- switch it on/ off rapidly (this only buys a little time- either replace it or repair it soon) to improve the contacts inside the switch - this will also help start/keep it running. had to do this with mine too, i know it sounds dumb but it works. if the on/off switch never lets things stay on then you can pull all day and never start it...

try ebay for parts or ronnies, service honda, western honda or a local honda shop. the local guys can usually order this while some of the online guys might not be able too as they may not stock it or care to bother to... you can ask them though.

once running it is a fairly reliable engine. mine literally sat up for over a decade and we poured a little cup of gas in and (doing the switch thing too) second pull - it started. granted it needs allot of work now but i plan to restore it. if i cant get it running, one of the regional honda shops has this entire engine sitting on the shelf for like $250-300 brand new, carb incl. if i cant get it running when im ready to do this thing that may be the best alternative instead of wasting a bunch of time (time is money).

Old 07-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx
Dam it hurts to say Fred is right. lol. =]
dont start featherboy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]