Minnesota, where nothing is allowed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The state of Washington isn't any better. Bush won the county I live in but lost the state. Most of the population lives in the Seattle area, where there idea of off road adventures is driving their SUV to the ski slopes.

Old 12-01-2000, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

I see a Catch 22.
Reagan/Republicans built up a GREAT economy so everybody could afford all these toys.
Clinton/Democrats come along and take away all your rights to use them!
Of course the economy can go away, but their stupid laws never will. Ever notice how easy it is for them to make a law, and how hard it is to undo it?

Old 12-05-2000, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

No aftermarket mufflers? That doesn't make sense. The law should set the standard, not who gets to make parts. If the muffler can't meet 99 decibels, or is a fire hazzard, they can outlaw it for that. To say that Joe Blow can't build me a muffler with as much flow that is quieter then stock? That is wrong. (Personally I hate noise, and would pay for an aftermarket muffler that got it down)

Then again, I live in Minnesota, the state where absoletely nothing is allowed. Unless you are a former wrestler turned politition in which case only the things you like are allowed.

Old 12-06-2000, 10:02 AM
Range Rover

How can you say it is the farmers that make the state go Democratic. There are about 30,000 farmers registered to Farm Bureau but the states population is about 4 million. You do the math. By the way coming from a farm family, I can just about guarantee that any farmer that wants to stay in business votes Republican. Milk sells for about $3.50 a gallon around here. My father in-law gets about $11 a CWT for his milk. You can thank the Bleeding Heart Liberals for that.

Old 12-06-2000, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I am a strong believer in common sense rather than law to protect me from myself.

However, I was amazed to learn that while muzzleloading season for deer is open in Minnesota those who hunt and own ATVs are restricted in their use from before dawn and dark and the mid-day hours.

But if you do not have a hunting license you are allowed to drive your quad all day long. Figure that one out.

While hunting for deer in the Solana State Forest atvs and snowmobiles buzzed around my tree stand all day long. Not to mention rabbit huters, beagles, labradors and good old boys six packing while masquerading as road hunters. It was quite comical really for a state as regulated as this one is.

Old 12-06-2000, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

well pardon me TheArcher...the party is named 'Democratic Farmer Labor' for a reason, and its not because all the farmers hate them. Also, as far as doing the math, just because there are only 30,000 registered farmers, do you think that is all the people who are farming or in a farming family? of course not. I wasn't blaming the farmers for giving Mn's votes to Gore, I was simply making a point that Minnesota is a rural state that has alot of agriculture, and states of that nature usually tend to vote Democratic.

Old 12-06-2000, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Lets just hope they keep the bozo's in the capital, making laws. If they eliminate the lawmakers, and actually get enforcers out in the field, we are doomed...

Old 12-06-2000, 07:09 PM
Range Rover

Take a look at when the DFL party was started. How many card carrying original DFl'ers do you think are still out there. The name is old. Do you really think that the farmers and laborers of 80 years ago would vote for Gore? For as many new jobs that have been created in the last 20 years the percentage of labor jobs continues to decrease becasue of cheaper labor overseas. If Gore is so pro-farmer why was he not able to answer simple questions about milk pricing during a nationaly televised debate? Minnesota goes Democratic because as a whole the state is liberal. Thanks to the Freedom of Information Act we can look at how people actually voted by county. Take a look. The numbers don't lie.

Old 12-10-2000, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

around here. when the cops come for u...you just turn around and run away from em and theres nothin they can do abotu it BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 12-11-2000, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not just talking about Al Gore here, I'm talking about the DFL party as a whole. As far as how many original DFL party members are still out there? well thats a no brainer, none.

As far as less labor jobs the past 20 years, you have to look at other causes than politics. Machines for one have taken their toll, and in recent years, computers.

I do however totally agree with you about Minnesota being a totally liberal state.

if only more people in this state thought like you, and were truely educated about exactly who they are voting for, not just a name on a ballot for a party they have always voted for. Tradition still speaks volumes..hell, even my own parents are the same way. It's sad, but it happens. Anyways, out to get more firewood to beat back these -15 degree temps.