shot dead for trespassing

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:18 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shot dead for trespassing

Sorry Duckmen, didn't mean to offend you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Nice to see your Duck senses are still working!

Old 08-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
Sorry Duckmen, didn't mean to offend you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

No Offense taken.. Its been a rough go round the office with OFC's dog gone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I aint real keen on this shootin people or critters for tresspass.. I think im goin soft [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Duckmen
Originally posted by: LTZevil400

No Offense taken.. Its been a rough go round the office with OFC's dog gone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I aint real keen on this shootin people or critters for tresspass.. I think im goin soft [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Tell OFC I'm still hoping and praying muddog shows up soon.

They have pills for the soft problem ya know.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tencubed
Originally posted by: MikeMac707

do u ppl really think that its safe for a 72 year old man to be shooting off a shotgun? it obviously isnt because he took that mans life away...
My Grandfather was well into his 90's when he quit hunting due to his knees being so bad. My father was over 80 when failing health took him out of the woods. I have known many good men that hunted during their later years and were way better shots and way safer than many of the people I see in the woods today. Obviously you have limited experience in the shooting sports, including target shooting, for you to make the above comment.

An isolated incident does not justify the bigoted condemnation of an entire group.

Since I was not present to see what happened I can make no judgement of right and wrong in this tragedy. Any information I have is second hand and reading it gives a biased viewpoint one way or the other. Hopefully the truth of the situation will come out during the investigative and judicial actions that are sure to follow.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: 1of4Horsemen

do u ppl really think that its safe for a 72 year old man to be shooting off a shotgun? it obviously isnt because he took that mans life away...
Age has nothing to do with it! My Dad is in his 80's and still goes out and shoots Trap and Skeet and Sporting clays. What kind of gun does he use? You guessed it a shotgun 12 ga., 20 ga. and 410 ga . He also goes to the pistol range to shoot his 9mm and .380.

The 16 to 25 age group has the worst driving statistics and most accidents out there. Most of the ones I see have Cell phones glued to their ears and are driving quite eradicly. Should we keep any one in that age bracket from driving?
i dont even drive yet...

Old 08-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Perhaps the very title of this thread inflamed the situation to some extent. If it had read "shot dead while trespassing" rather than "for trespassing" some reactions may have been different. The original poster added a comment, as is his right, that set the theme for what followed. The internet is a powerful tool and some thought should be given to both sides of a serious matter such as this prior to posting. I have always encouraged my kids to debate a subject and even to take the "devils advocate" position to search out the truth. In a matter such as this it is, IMO, important to consider the people involved and stick to what is known and avoid speculation. Rather written or spoken once a comment is made it can never be taken back. An apology may be given and accepted but the words once written/spoken are still there.

MikeMac707 has mentioned that he does not drive yet. Apparently he is quite young and experience, such as gained here today, will help shape the rest of his life. I'm really glad to see young people that are willing to voice their opinion even when I may not agree with their point of view or the words/methods they use to express it. I prefer the exchange be made in a civil manner as any discussion that degenerates to name calling has lost focus and value. I applaud this young man for taking a stand. He may or may not continue to hold the same thoughts dear but at least he voiced his opinion.

Just an old man's rant, I'll now get down off my soapbox and leave this thread. Thanks for your time.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

well spoken tencubed.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

Perhaps the very title of this thread inflamed the situation to some extent. If it had read "shot dead while trespassing" rather than "for trespassing" some reactions may have been different. The original poster added a comment, as is his right, that set the theme for what followed. The internet is a powerful tool and some thought should be given to both sides of a serious matter such as this prior to posting.

Well believe me, I was NOT setting the tone for this "debate" in ANY way....

And I find it very odd that you would reach so far as to somehow blame me for people being unable to draw their own conclusions and formulate an intelligent response to an unfortunate situation. If you followed the links you would have seen there were two different stories, one with each angle....

My comment was in fact put there so people who did believe otherwise would not think I was trying to slant the post in any way...... if I had posted the article that said the opposite my comment would have in fact reflected that too..... my comment was there to balance not to slant.

The door swings both ways.... it is up to people to draw their own conclusions and believe what they feel is true..... what followed my post did not in fact reflect what my comment was, it reflected what the article said.... people did draw out their own conclusions based on the news story, not based on my comment... if you read the early comments they talk about the age of the shooter, and how it was probably an accident due to said age......... my comment, nor my choice of a title were the issues............

"while" versus "for" is a trivial semantic based point that few if any people would even notice......

Old 08-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Perhaps the very title of this thread inflamed the situation to some extent. If it had read "shot dead while trespassing" rather than "for trespassing" some reactions may have been different. The original poster added a comment, as is his right, that set the theme for what followed. The internet is a powerful tool and some thought should be given to both sides of a serious matter such as this prior to posting. I have always encouraged my kids to debate a subject and even to take the "devils advocate" position to search out the truth. In a matter such as this it is, IMO, important to consider the people involved and stick to what is known and avoid speculation. Rather written or spoken once a comment is made it can never be taken back. An apology may be given and accepted but the words once written/spoken are still there.

MikeMac707 has mentioned that he does not drive yet. Apparently he is quite young and experience, such as gained here today, will help shape the rest of his life. I'm really glad to see young people that are willing to voice their opinion even when I may not agree with their point of view or the words/methods they use to express it. I prefer the exchange be made in a civil manner as any discussion that degenerates to name calling has lost focus and value. I applaud this young man for taking a stand. He may or may not continue to hold the same thoughts dear but at least he voiced his opinion.

Just an old man's rant, I'll now get down off my soapbox and leave this thread. Thanks for your time.
nice to know someone listens at least...

Old 08-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

nice to know someone listens at least...
truth be told!

i dont think that a man is ever too old to shoot. AS long as he still has all his "ABILITYS" when he starts to loos it.. he shouldent have a gun.

Quick Reply: shot dead for trespassing