Anybody watch UFC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody watch UFC?

I think Ortiz will tear him a new one!!! It will be a good fight though. I think the match will be lucky to go past the first round.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:54 AM
Range Rover

fight #3 looked like fight #2...... tito took him down and did his ground and pound and it was over in 2 mins.!!!! shamrock FINALLY retired and also ended is fued with tito

Old 10-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

shamrock went out like a man, did seem to put the fued to an end, maybe lots of prefight hipe?

Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

44 is too old to be fighting, i give ortiz another 3 0r 4 years then its time to quit. did you all see what lidell done to ortiz in the first fight? hit with a over hand right in the second and dropped him like a bad habit! i think the same will happen in december. ortiz is the man on the ground but you cant take chuck down!

Old 10-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

I have not watched for years but I kinda liked Tank Abbott and his way....kinda like the "If that aint workin get a bigger hammer style" and he had 2 Giant Hammers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Chuck is a bad man but he can be taken down in the first fight against Randy Coutour Randy took him down at will and pretty much pummeled him. I don't know why Randy changed his fight plan and started boxing Chuck that was a bad mistake. Chuck can pretty much ko any body at any time if he lands a good one.
I saw Chuck fight Rampage Jackson on Pride fighting and Rampage beat the crap out of Chuck standing up it was so bad Chuck's corner threw in the towel now the guy that has beaten Rampage Jackson 3 times is coming over to fight Chuck I can't think of his name but he is a bad man. I think alot of guys from Pride fighting are going to come over to UFC and try to take some of the belts in the future.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

My prediction for Tito vs. Chuck, Chuck will get the KO on Tito in the 1st or 2nd round......that fight is not going the distance. I remember watching Tito in his first UFC fight, If I remember right he was like 15 to 20 lbs lighter back then....he has muscled up over the past couple of years, he is a good fighter but I have never cared for his atitude. I was hoping Shamrock would pull it off the other night but I knew he was very much the underdog.....oh well, Shamrock went out like a man, he showed everyone he is a true gentleman and athlete when he gave Tito his props for winning the fight, it was also good to see Tito recipocate and give Shamrock his respect for what he has done over the past 12 years for that sport.

Re-match I want to see his Hughs vs. Gracie, I think Gracie can come back to the UFC and still be competitive. If Gracie comes back and beats Hughs it will NOT be because he changed his style to more striking but that he will study his opponets style and capitalize on their weakness.

I agree with TPR, The first 10 or so UFC matchs were and are some of the best fights you will see, it was much more diversified back then.....now eveyone has evolved into this grappling/submission/striking fighting style.
Also, in the first few UFCs it was bracket fighting.....a winning fighter would have to fight 4 times in one night....now that really showed some endurance and toughness.

Heres a small list of some of the best old UFC fights.

Gracie vs. Kimo

Keith Hackney (Kenpo style) vs. some Sumo wrestler

Fred Etish (some 3rd degree black belt) vs. some boxer I cant remember, Fred Etish gets the snot beat out of him but does not give up, his corner eventually throws in the towel.

Tank Abbot vs. pick any of his early fights, they are all fun to watch.

Vitor Belfort vs. pick any of his early fights, they are also great to watch...Vitor has some unbelievable fast hands.

Sorry this was a long post, but I love to talk about UFC/Pride fighting.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

you all gotta think about the fact that in the first 10 or so had no weight classes, which is crazy! and tank abott was a bad man, i saw him get choked out for 2 or 3 minuites and ended up winning the fight! as far as chuck-randy the first fight randy wupped his @ss, but the next two went to over hand rights![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] randy was also over 40. i think these old timers need to retire. just playin old folks! did you all see forest griffin - tito? if so who do you all think really won?

Old 10-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

I also believe chuck will win, however how much has matt improved? could be interesting for awhile.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

matt who? hes fighting ortiz in dec

Quick Reply: Anybody watch UFC?