Vodka Watermelon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vodka Watermelon?

Anybody ever tried the old vodka-marinated watermelon? They say you can just cut a hole in a large watermelon and stick 1/5 bottle of vodka upside down in the hole and let it soak in for about 24 hours and then eat the watermelon. Has it been done? How did it work? Long weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

YOu are going to need a couple of those the way your Cardnials have been playing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Yes, that will work but you can't let the melon get very warm or wait too long prior to eating it or all of the alcohol will be evaporated out. Your not going to get much of a buzz unless you eat one heck of a lot of melon. Takes a fair sized melon to soak up a fifth. You can also flavor melons with soda pop or flavors like are used on shaved ice cones. Strawberry is good with watermelon.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally posted by: tencubed
Yes, that will work but you can't let the melon get very warm or wait too long prior to eating it or all of the alcohol will be evaporated out. Your not going to get much of a buzz unless you eat one heck of a lot of melon. Takes a fair sized melon to soak up a fifth. You can also flavor melons with soda pop or flavors like are used on shaved ice cones. Strawberry is good with watermelon.

Showing your age with the "fifth" comment tencubed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman
YOu are going to need a couple of those the way your Cardnials have been playing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Hey now.....

Old 09-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Originally posted by: tencubed

Showing your age with the "fifth" comment tencubed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Quit juicing up watermelons and injecting oranges almost 40 years ago when I went on the wagon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I do remember the after dinner melon ball deserts that had Cream D Minth and Kailua flavors in them. (spellings wrong I suspect) Very tasty and quite colorful with orange sherbet ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2006, 12:15 PM
TPR
The Champ

I top a pineapple, cut a notch, screw in a bottle of good rum and let it sit for a couple of hours....MMMMM

TPR