Bush STOLE the election

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2000, 01:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys, I guess I am confused.

The title of this forum is "OTHER ATV TOPICS"

If Gore or Bush rides an atv then I would be interested in discussing them here, however I don't have any information they do so why tie up this forum with political rantings and ravings?

I come here for atv information. If I want political information I will go to the appropriate board/forum.

Old 12-14-2000, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

The reason this topic fits here is because Gore is on record as wanting to close down a lot of land currently used for public riding.

I unlocked the thread as politics effecting riding areas is an important issued.

Old 12-14-2000, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

I agree dbeck, and if we all paid attention to what are politicians are doing for or against us. We probably wouldnt have so many ride areas closing down and threatened. Glamis, Paiute Atv Trails, and from what I understand some riding in FL.

So maybe there is more to these "boring" politics. Perhaps we should start to consider our rights as atvers and look at these politicians very carefully.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Old 12-14-2000, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

dbeck

Thanks for unlocking the thread. At times we rant and rave about the attempts by certain politicians to take our riding areas away. I think this election is a prime example of what happens when hunters, gun owners, and off road riders unite and help defeat a politician that has a goal of ridding the earth of internal combustion engines. I ride primarily on National Forest property and would like to see it remain open for all uses.

Old 12-15-2000, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

It is not over yet. Clinton still sits in the White House!!
Unpredictable man....!

Old 12-15-2000, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Dbeck, my personal thanks for unlocking the thread. I have to admit, I was a bit perturbed when it got locked since politics does play a role in when, where and how we can ride. Again, thanks for unlocking it.

Old 12-15-2000, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Want some cheese to go with that democratic wine????

Old 12-19-2000, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

you got to be kidding me if you ride atvs and your for tree huggers gore and bill i like the right that i get to carry a gun ride atvs and hunt.

Old 12-20-2000, 02:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

EAT ME!

Old 12-20-2000, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

All these posts on saving your ATV or being able to carry your gun.
Do any of you have families with children in school?.....anyone near retirement age? Do any of you own property or pay taxes? or have a school loan? or have problems with medical insurance? rent a home? any of the above?
Because it seems everyone has one thing on there mind...keeping the toy or the gun!
Do you really think that the first thing on an elects mind is to take away your atv...get real.
I love my atv and agree on the other topics(gun) for the most part. But there are far more important things that hit closer to home than whether or not I get to ride my atv.
All this political bashing...and bringing jesse jackson into it.. woo hoo.

Maybe it's not the elects fault that all the riding places are being taken away...maybe it should start with the users of such areas....the garbage messes that are left behind...straying from the trail system....no helmets...riding double...no spark arrestors (again I can go on and on)...It's no wonder they hate us all.
Again...I love my atv, would hate to give it up and would fight to keep it...But I would rather concentrate on some of the other , more important factors that really affect the way I live and raise my family.
This whole banning of ATV's thing really needs a reality check. During the course of this election...how many times did you hear anyone say they were going to ban anything? not many...
And you do realize that the elect alone cannot make such a decision right? There are alot of factors involved. It would take more than 4 years to even initiate any type of action in that direction.
With that out of the way...I'm taking a half day and going riding...the snow is just deep enough where I can get some traction.
It almost seems like some of you are loosing sleep over all this. Don't let it bother you...but stay actively involved enough to take action if required. We are the only ones that can convince people that these are safe and fun machines when handled in the right fashion.

Quick Reply: Bush STOLE the election