New show on SPEED channel - Looking for quad racers

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New show on SPEED channel - Looking for quad racers

I'm just passing this on from the guys over at ATV Sport Mag...Sounds like it could be a cool show!

"We were just informed there's a new show in the works for SPEED. Actually, SPEED will have a new hour slot called "Launch Hour" that will feature all new programs or two half-hour shows (Two of which are "KB4" and "Blow It Up". Launch stands for launching off the line, as in drag racing and racing in general. Show will include, drag racing, dirt track racing, go-karts, land-speed record attemps, motorcycles, quads and more. Each show may get 4 to 6 weeks of its own coverage (shows). Then fans will vote on their favorites. From there, the favorites will become real, full-season shows!

Ray Iddings, the brand manager for a new show on SPEED called "KB4". "KartBike4-wheeler" is a show created by PINK's Host Rich Christensen (www.pinks.tv). The short explanation of "KB4" is that it's a triathlon: three disciplines, 1 driver. Imagine Shifter Karts,
Motorcycles and ATVs. Riders would compete in one discipline at a time around a 1/2-mile dirt track (maybe Knoxville, Iowa) and try to be the fastest! They start on shifter kart with dirt tires and chassis mods. They do a Lemans-style start and race the shifter karts for five laps. Then, they go to the pit area and get on the bikes. They must start the bikes in the pit area and then do five more laps. After the fifth lap, they go back to the pits and get on a quad. They start the quad and fire away from the pits and then complete five laps. The winner takes the checkered flag!

To hear Rich's detailed explanation Listen to
Rich and Raydio RichChristensen.com/radio

Evidentally, the show has not been filmed, but plans on filming in the near future. it needs contestants (legitmate ones!!!). "KB4" sounds like a cool show and we'd love to see some of our top ATV dirt track racers battling it out for the checkered flag. We can think of Shane Hitt, Greg Bakker, Gary Denton, Daryl Rath and others who would be willing to dice with the other contestants. Actually, Christensen wants you to build a team and compete for the "KB4" championship! They need 20 teams to make up the first 5 episodes.

The winners of the heats have made it to the finals. There will be two qualifying heats and a final. The final will have only four racers.
125cc - Shifter karts
500cc - dirt bike
250cc - ATV/quad (Though, this could change in our opinion as a 450 four-stroke makes more sense)"

Old 03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think a 250cc and/or 450cc dirtbike would make more since than a 500cc smoker too.

But I really don't care what I would be riding, where can I sign up, I've raced (and won) all 3 disciplines before?!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi motox26,
To sign up for KB4 you can contact Ray Iddings, the brand manager for Launch Hour, by calling (317)893-2147.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Big News-

KB4 has been modified. Thanks to the hundreds of suggestions and emails the show has been tweaked. Look for an announcement on Launchhour.tv later today.

Again, thanks for the help. This show is only getting better because of you.

-Ray

Old 03-29-2007, 04:06 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Ive got a 500CC dirt bike.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Thanks for the heads up RC! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: skeet38
Big News-

KB4 has been modified. Thanks to the hundreds of suggestions and emails the show has been tweaked. Look for an announcement on Launchhour.tv later today.

Again, thanks for the help. This show is only getting better because of you.

-Ray
Can you repost the changes here once it is announced?

Old 03-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Absolutly!!

--Ray

Old 03-29-2007, 10:38 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum skeet38! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here is the Big News,

KB4 is DEAD.

Why?

Rich looked at where the biggest support was coming from and the community stepping up and saying "HEY I WANT IN!!" was all either the atv community or the DirtBike guys, so .... Sorry to say but bye bye Karts.

Of Course you can here what Rich has to say later today on Launchhour.tv and here is the new logo-

Name:  DB4.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  29.7 KB

So now you only need a bike 500cc or less and a ATV 450cc or less, who's in?????

-Ray iddings
Brand Manager
Launch Hour
317-893-2147

Old 03-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: skeet38
Here is the Big News,

KB4 is DEAD.

Why?

Rich looked at where the biggest support was coming from and the community stepping up and saying "HEY I WANT IN!!" was all either the atv community or the DirtBike guys, so .... Sorry to say but bye bye Karts.

Of Course you can here what Rich has to say later today on Launchhour.tv and here is the new logo-

So now you only need a bike 500cc or less and a ATV 450cc or less, who's in?????

-Ray iddings
Brand Manager
Launch Hour
317-893-2147
So this is how you found me on myspace. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thanks for the update Ray!!!

Quick Reply: New show on SPEED channel - Looking for quad racers