What do you prefer--a box or bag??? and why??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007 | 07:04 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default What do you prefer--a box or bag??? and why??

Just wondering what you use as your ATV luggage--a box or a bag? What has worked? What hasn't?

Old 07-10-2007 | 07:41 PM
Range Rover

The MUD (Moose Utility Division) Pro Padded Bottom Bag has been very handy for trail riding and it has made riding 2-up more comfortable on our utility quad. MUD BAGS AVAILABLE HERE.

I keep a tow sling, tire plug kit, 12v compressor, bungee cords and a few essential tools in the large rear compartment with room to spare, leaving both side compartments available for food and personal items. It even has two water bottle holders, forward on each side compartment left and right.

This leaves the front rack open for a chain saw which I might start carrying on unfamiliar trails. I have of course needed it a couple of times when not carrying it.

Old 07-10-2007 | 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Yamaha deluxe rear rack extension and I use a cheapo $9.99 Waterproof duffle bag from Northern tools. The Rack rocks, unfortunately I rolled my quad twice and the rack has held up just fine! The bag is cool too because it is a good size (24x12x12) and stores all I need.. I am not a fan of hard luggage in-case you roll.. it will get demolished... The rack also gives me a spot to carry a couple of 2.2 gallon gas jugs if needed, outside of the luggage..

My duffle bag houses tools, 30ft 3" wide tow strap (from when I used to wheel full-size truck 4x4's) a few ****** blocks, 4 1/2" d-shackles, some rain gear, a roll of Toilet Paper, tire plug kit and a flashlight.

Old 07-10-2007 | 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

I've had bad luck with bags. I keep rubbing holes in the bottom where it rubs against the rack. I'll never have another soft bag.

Currently, I have a Kimpex box/seat. It's a good sturdy box, but I hate the latches and a lot of the space is unusable. My next box will either be the Tamarack Titan box/seat or the Kimpex Deluxe with the rails.

Old 07-11-2007 | 10:41 AM
|
Trailblazer

If you get a bag with Rhinotek reinforcement on the bottom and corners it won't rub through (its tough stuff!!). The Tamarack Titan bags all have Rhinotek reinforcement on the bottom and corners---they all have a lifetime warranty, too! Check out the Titan bags here. Good choice on the Tamarack Titan lounger too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2007 | 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Your bags look good but honestly too big for what I need... my 24x12x12 bag is the perfect size... plenty of room for my needs...

I Like your front Titan bag.. good size but I don't need the extras (detachable bags/bottle holders) any chance of selling just one of those?

I have a tough time separating myself from $150 for an over sized bag/box that is way more than needed.. that is like buying a 1-ton Dually 4x4 truck w/8.1L engine simply to haul a single place ATV trailer. Where as we all know a 1/2 ton truck is fine or ever a small SUV/Pickup.

Old 07-14-2007 | 09:38 PM
|
Trailblazer

craZySteve--Sounds like you like to keep things simple. Yes, the Tamarack Titan front bag is an awesome bag (and its under 150$!) You can reconfigure (or remove) the inside partitions to fit your personal needs. Many people pack rain gear or emergency gear in their bag and leave it for the season. You can use the outside pouches for car keys, cell phone, etc. And throw two unopened water bottles in the holders--you'd be surprised how many times you can use water!! Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great posts!!

Old 08-06-2007 | 05:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I like bags cause i can put into it more items [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] it's also comfortable .

Old 08-06-2007 | 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

Keep it simple - NOPE. just don't spend 3 to 4 times the amount for a product that I know only cost you at best $30 to MFG... I highly doubt your prodution and overhead costs equate to another $120....

And the fact that you don't sell you bags WITHOUT the additional "add-on" bags or even "water bottles" holders... I ride with a camel back thank you... much easier access when it is hanging on your back... no need to reach behind you... So that shys me away from your product even more...

Customers want OPTIONS, not being forced into buying something they do not need.

I would buy your Front bag if it was available without the BS I do not need.. Don't need the extra baggies nor do I need the water bottle holders.

Make that product at a reasonable price = me being a customer of yours!

Old 08-15-2007 | 04:00 PM
|
Trailblazer

Thanks for your feedback Crazyguy! Actually, we have offered more simplistic bags in the past in order to give the customer lower price options. For some reason, however, these bags did not sell well for us. Many people buy our bags because of the added features. Also, keep in mind that retail on our Titan Bags are appropriate based on not only production costs, but also based on the distribution channels it goes through before hitting the marketplace. But it sounds like we have the perfect bags for you in the clearance section of our website! So for everyone who wants a less expensive, BASIC ATV bag, please click here. Happy riding (and hopefully make you a Tamarack bag owner!)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]