ATV SCAMS ON EBAY!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV SCAMS ON EBAY!!!!!!!!

Hey I was looking to buy a Honda rincon from ebay found several good deals. Found a great deal on one for 2,900 and seller pays shipping. So I was so close to buying and the add was gone so I went into my ebay and the add had said some bullshit stuff on how to contact through email. so worked everything out that way.
I then receive an email from ebay telling me all the steps to buying and have my new atv shipped through DAS shipping which is door to door. It said to go to western union and send 2900 to this aget for ebay tim something. But when I went to western union ant the girl at the counter said there was three red flags that they saw and THANK GOD they talked me out of sending the money. After doing all the reserch through ebays security it waas a Scam and it almost worked. Now I know your thinking what a idiot but im telling you this guy was a professional and had everything to the T all except the western union agent. In small print ebay warns they do not ever ask a buyer or seller to wire money.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Range Rover

If you have " Norton" on your pc I would run a scan now and see if they are using any type of spyware also

today's new age technology just makes more new age crooks

Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never send the money until I saw the ATV....

Years ago I almost bought a Warrior on ebay, but we were going to drive to PA to give the guy the money. I would not have one shipped sight unseen, not in a million years.... In our case the guy pulled the item off the bidding table 1 minute before the bidding was supposed to be up because he didn't get the money he was looking for....

Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

There is also a lot of rhino scams on their, and they're allways pulled off in about a day. t
hey have brand new $30,000-$40,000 rhinos for $2900.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

hey everyone the ebay scams are still going on i keep watching and reporting the scams to ebay. but watch out for these guys selling atv and atv parts. they now have added to their ebay page offering a little part warning buyers not to western union or moneygram or money in person. CLUE they alwasys have a reason for u 2 email them and not use ask seller a question. CLUE 2 they usually offer a great buy it now price. so if you bid on it or use the buy it now price the item will disapear and seller will contact u through email that a potiental buyer has fallen through and offers it to u but now to go through ebay motors and send ebay agent a western union!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA THAT MONEY IS GONE.... CLUE 3 they usually offer free shipping what ever on a atv it will be 3 to 500 dollars for that shipping they do say deliver through das door to door shipping ...... note das is a real company and has nothing to do with these scams....

Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Range Rover

Thanks everyone for the heads up..... i also was looking at buying one on ebay. Now I won't.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

i buy off ebay all the time your pretty safe as long as you are not contacted through email by seller unless ebay sends you email that this person has sent you a message but it will only let you knopw no direct contact in email.
also if you are watching something and you click ask seller a question the web page will poip up that it ha expired or in not working. most of the time you will see the item and then all the sudden it will be gone and then the seller will make you think that another person was going to buy it now and fell through with payment and will want you only to contact him through email thus leaving out ebay even though you are feeling safe since3 it originated in ebay BUT NO

update the scamers have made a sellers feedback that looks super like 99.7% or 100% positive feedback but this is done buy a person opening a accout using a fake email address, or you can get 75 email address if you want so here you can set up 75 accounts. if they do this (eaisily) they scame 1 or 2 people off these accounts and then start over. note they take these accounts and send each account positive feedback to each other so the look real.

REMBER EBAY ONLY USES PAY PAL AND NEVER SEND ANY PAYMENT EXCEPT THAT WAY NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE DEAL IS OR WHAT THE SELLER SAYS also alot of time they offer das shipping and they pay for shipping. so you are safe as long as you go through pay pal. if you do and dont get you item the pay pal account has a card # and a person somewhere and the police can track so just be careful!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

When you pay through Pay Pal make sure you're funding the payment via your credit card and not from a bank account. That way, if you have problems, you can always do a chargeback through your credit card company.