ATV Security

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Security

I don't have an enclosed trailer. I want to start venturing further from home, overnights, etc.
How do you keep your ATV's secure if you stay at a hotel or resort?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV Security

Get some Kryptonite Fahgedaboudit chains and locks. Chain the trailer to your truck and chain the quads to the trailer. Also install a kill switch on your tow vehicle. If they can't steal the trailer or quads, might just be easier to steal the whole rig????

I have done this for many years, and spent the night in may different places...never a problem!

In my garage, I use the same locks and chain up my quads in a big circle. Works great too!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Red Rider
Default ATV Security

And don't think an enclosed trailer is any guarantee either. We were at Glamis last year and we could see that a guy camped next to us was trying to hacksaw through his own lock. Turned out he had locked his keys inside. My buddy had his work truck along, and he had a drill. We drilled his lock out in like 5 seconds!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV Security

dont forget to have a reciver lock my buddys sleds got stolen on the trailer at a bar had the tongue locked they pulled the reciver pin pulled it out and hooked it up off they went they were caught.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Range Rover
Default ATV Security

can't start my quad with out the key so they would have to lift the quad off the trailer! I have hauled mine all over and never had a problem. my trailer is open and ofcorse I strap down my quad. I also have two locks on my trailer hook up.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Default ATV Security

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BruteForceButton

can't start my quad with out the key so they would have to lift the quad off the trailer! I have hauled mine all over and never had a problem. my trailer is open and ofcorse I strap down my quad. I also have two locks on my trailer hook up.</end quote></div>

Well that is one of the advantages of having a 4x4 ...... I don't think a couple guys are going to haul away a Brute Force .....

You could steal most sport machines easily with two guys...... probably take about 2 minutes from trailer to truck .....

That's why in my garage I always park our Rancher behind our sport machines. There is no way to get the sports out, without taking the Rancher totally out of the garage. Any extra obstacle helps ......

Old 11-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Red Rider
Default ATV Security

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BruteForceButton can't start my quad with out the key</end quote></div>

You don't think so??? That key is just there to keep little kids from messing with your quad........

Trending Topics

Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Default ATV Security

I park the quads right at the front door when staying at a motel(on Rally week-end)........................................They also have FULL insurance too!!!!!

I kind of pick my spots to stay before I go to a location........EX....out of town a little bit, away from the main highway or traveled road, I usually only go to a spot where I can leave right from the room, with the doorway leading outside ,not a lobby or long hallway to get outside!!!..

If they can't see it will be harder to steal!!!!!!..........Caper..........

Old 11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
TIC
Pro Rider
Default ATV Security

Funniest thing I saw on a trip about 3 months ago was a truck hauling two motor bikes. Trailer on jack stands in parking lot of hotel... My first thought was "DAMN two flat tires"!!! Next morning seeing the guys putting the wheels back on. It hit me hard enough what they had done I started laughing. Id never seen that before.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Red Rider
Default ATV Security

Guy down the street pulls all 6 wheels off his monster toy hauler trailer every time he parks it. Guess he must have air tools??? I think the theory is that it would take a thief a while to install 6 tires, and that makes it to risky.

When I have to park the trailer alone, what I do is run the Kryptonite chain (mentioned above) through the frame and then through the spokes of the wheels. I keep is so tight that you couldn't even get the wheels off if you tried. I have left a trailer (with a quad on it!) out in the woods like that....no problem!

Quick Reply: ATV Security