Xtreme Winch is a ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtreme Winch is a ripoff

Has anyone had a problem with Xtremewinch?
bought a winch package from ebay seller powersourceLLC & got scammed. No Warranty. Used winch 3 times & it broke. Tried to contact seller & no contact infor, No warranty info. Finally got paypal to have them contact me and they have no warranty. Will only sell you replacemnt parts. What junk. see my blog at www.xtremejunk.blogspot.com/
Be careful. don't get ripped off like I did.

www.xtremejunk.blogspot.com/

Old 02-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ebay can be risky like that.....

I use ebay all the time, but I do generally stay away from certain types of items. I don't think I would personally buy a winch or any wear type ATV item. Or if I do I try to stick with places that have a reputable store front.

I bought 4 new rims/tires for my Rancher on ebay from a Honda dealer in Indiana or something, but I would not have bought them from a lot of places. Ebay can be a great place to get deals but you do have to be somewhat selective.

FWIW Cabelas sells a small winch that is pretty well priced. I have one on my Rancher, my neighbor has one on his Polaris. They are only lite duty but good enough for most jobs.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info on Cabela's winch. I do shop there and have a store locally. Wish I'd done a little more research prior to my purchase from Xtreme Recovery.

I did replace their winch with a 2000lb from Harbor Freight. Since I'd already been ripped off, I didn't want to spend any more than necessary. the Xtreme Junk Winch I had was a 3000lb but the replacement from HF actually has a larger motor. The X-Junk was 1.1 hp and the HF winch is 1.5 hp.We just had an 8" plus snowfall and I gave it a pretty good workout plowing my driveway. So far so good.

The little HF winch was only $49.00 and I extended the warranty to 2 1/2 yrs for another $9.95. Unlike Xtreme Recovery-Xtreme Winch, HF will honor their warranty . (Hope I don't need it).

I am considering putting a winch on my wife's Polaris 325, and also on my Xplorer 500. I will definetly checkout Cabela's.

Thanks again for the info....
RanMan68

Old 01-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Xtreme Winch is a ripoff"></title><script src=

I just ordered from the Xtreme website but have not received my 2000 lb winch yet. I've seen your rant elsewhere on the web, seems a little suspicious becasue xtreme has no bad feedback on Ebay, did you leave feedback?

Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Range Rover

Yeah you got to be careful on ebay I've almost been ripped off a few times but realized it before the purchase

Old 03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry I haven't logged in here for a while & just noticed your question. I hope you have better luck with the Xtreme winch if you have already purchased it. My remarks, (or Rant as you called them) were posted to let anyone researching their product know what I went through in dealing with them. I believe that if you, do not have a warranty, it should be stated. The reason I did not post feedback on Ebay is I waited too long. I purchased the winch & installed it on the bike, but did not use it for 3 months. Of course I checked to make sure it was working, but didn't use it until it snowed. The only feedback I could have posted was that I received it. I have petitioned Ebay to change their rules on feedback. I checked my Blog & saw it has expired, but can guarantee you their product is junk & has no warranty. BUYER BEWARE!
Good luck,
RanMan68

Old 04-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Trust, But Verify

Just picked me up a polaris sportsman 850 and it has a Xtreme 4000X winch on it. The winch has been used, covered in dirt/mud. I hope it last better than yours did.