guys.....wife's quad or your quad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2001 | 08:02 AM
|
Range Rover

you people are all too funny...ican't believe how many replies i got here! it makes my day interesting! i am glad some of you let your wife pick and she didn't get stuck with the leftovers!or your 2nd choice...hehe!

Old 01-16-2001 | 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

I grew up with ATV's but my wife didn't. Our closest friends are just the opposite. The wife always had ATV's and the husband lived in the city. I talked him into getting an ATV that he and his wife could use. They got a Warrior but she was used to the no clutch shifting on the Honda she had as a kid. Then I got my Banshee for me, he got a Tblazer for his wife [she loves it] and I got a Tblazer for my wife [she would never pick one out on her own and since I am the one to keep it up I better like it too]. We all went on our first ride together the other day and in spite of getting stuck in the mushy snow, we all had a good time. 2 months ago my wife wasn't too keen on me buying her a quad. Now she says I have to ask before I ride hers.:-( Oh well, now I know I won't need to do any convincing the next good ridin' day.

Old 01-21-2001 | 05:17 AM
Range Rover

You bring up a good point. I thought I was the only one smart enough,...er...thoughtful enough to get my wife a quad that could double as a utility quad for myself. Actually, if you will notice my signature, I don't even own a quad. My wife has a Rancher(which I almost have broken in for her) and my little boy has a Suzuki 80. My little girl and myself have yet to make the purchase. I will probably get my girl a Suzuki 50 when it comes out and I'll get a 400EX next year. So, for now, my wifes quad will have to do....I really have to make sure everything works just right for her......I'll probably know in about another 1000 miles or so....Any decent, respectable guy wouldn't put his wife on a quad without trying it out for 1 or 2000 miles first...It just wouldn't be right!

Old 02-02-2001 | 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

my fiancee helped pick out our last 4 quads, and this past time she bought her own... a 250EX

Old 02-04-2001 | 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

girlatv2,

U asked ,we answered,why do you see it funny?
I think that most females do not care or do not know much about ATV. They gladly except our recomendations./ Sometimes they would pick a quad just because the look/. Most of them are not keen to drive a quad , they are just loyal buddies.
Another group I'd call Martina Navratilova type, with mostly male hormons would ......well,..you know,...... it would be too funny,if I keep talkin'.
Of course,the exceptions exist..??!!

Old 02-05-2001 | 01:41 PM
Trailblazer

Last November when my wife and I went shopping for another quad, I had planned on keeping my Prairie 400 for me, and buying her a new one. I had no intention of buying me a new one. Anyway, after looking around at all the models (except Honda), she decided she liked my Prairie 400 the best, so I got the 2000 SP500 for myself.

Old 02-05-2001 | 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Girlatvr2
I must say that I am sort of guilty of buying me a second quad. My wife never grew up with ATV's. As a child her parents believed what they heard on TV and didn't allow them to ride. It wasn't until we met, when my wife rode ATV's..At first she wouldn't even let me bring it down to her parents home (they live in a small town by the Piaute ATV Trail System) afraid they would blow a fuse. Whe I first brought it down, her parents wouldn't even let any of their kids ride even thought most were teenagers.

My quads have mostly been racing/sport quads. My wifes hates the clutch and refuses to ride (of course I'm not as patient as I should be, as she is burning up the clutch trying to get going).
Recently I have been on a few trail rides with friends and family and have enjoyed myself with my girls. The groups go too slow for my race bike and trying to ride with my young children gets to be a handful.

I talked to my wife and have tried to get her more involved with the decision process. She just keeps saying "I don't know anything aobut them". I take the time to explain things to her. I figured that by getting her one we could go as a family (I hope). I don't know what her next excuse will be. I also wanted one I could take up hunting in the fall of the year.

Basically I am not sure how much riding my wife will be doing. I hope a lot and that she will enjoy it as much as I do. If not then it will be fun for my girls and myself.

If it turns out that my wife really gets involved then I will buy one more suitable for her. Unitl then I will get one that will handle both are needs.

Old 02-08-2001 | 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

I know I'm guilty! I wanted a sportsman 500, and it just worked out so perfectly to get it to. I went to the polaris dealer just to browse. Knowing good and well as soon as she got a look at the new yellow ones she would want it. Case closed and I am riding all winter when I need it most and its to cold for her to want to ride.

Its the best of both worlds, shes happy and I am too.

Old 02-08-2001 | 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Try this one on for size. My wife/girlfriend paid for 2/3 of "our" 500 artic cat. I just provide the truck, trailer, gas,oil, maintence, parts,land to ride on, goggles, place to store it all, and did I mention helmets. Her saying is "what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine." I keep her around because she can weld. Hehehehe...she just saw me type this. Gotta go face the music now.

Old 02-09-2001 | 08:21 AM
|
Range Rover

hehe! i hope she didnt hurt you so bad you can't ride! hehe!

Quick Reply: guys.....wife's quad or your quad?