ATV With V-Plow for hard, crusty snow

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV With V-Plow for hard, crusty snow

I am considering getting a V-Plow snow plow for my 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI ATV. (Polaris item 2871795# at http://www.purepolaris.com/Det...as...arisPGACatalog).

Has anyone had any experience with these V-plows? Are they better for deeper and/or hard pack snow? Will they make it easier to plow through the deep drift at the end of my driveway that the county road plows leave?

Based on your experience plowing with your ATV, would you expect a V-plow to be able to cut deeper through deep snow versus a straight blade? Even though it may take longer and be less efficient than using a straight blade?

I will be plowing at our mountain cabin that typically has 1-2 feet of snow from 2-3 weeks of previous snow. I understand that an ATV with a plow may sometimes be challenged with this much snow, that is why I'm trying to determine the best blade for "extreme" deep snow circumstances for an ATV.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 02-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

V-plow will cut thru crusty snow better won't push you off to the side ,

Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the Power V plow from cycle country.. Im not too happy with it and now thinking it was a bad decision. First of all the only way to change your angle is by pulling pins and positions the plow how you want it. then you have to put the pins back in.. If your doing this at Night, its hard to find the small Pin holes. Secondly, we just had a Snow storm here of about 2ft of snow. The plow felt like it was going to break on me. After about 20 mins of plowing. The hex bolts that hold the aduster arms were bent and now have to go to a hardware store and get new ones. Also you cant Lock it into its Full V position, the way its set up.