Barak Hussein Obama

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008 | 06:10 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Default Barak Hussein Obama

Don't be so sure about that.....

I like McCain but he is as crazy about the environment as any Democrat.....

Fact is of all the candidates I think Obama might have the least amount of environmental platform stands.

I'm not promoting any of them, just stating the facts. Personally I'm leaning towards McCain no matter what but not with hopes he's going to keep any riding areas open or help ATV riders pay for gas anytime soon......

Old 03-11-2008 | 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

As I said, for the most part, the Republicans are more likely to keep trails and lands open to recreation. McCain, unfortunately in this case, has voted outside of the mainstream as far as his party goes. He has voted for "Global warming" intiatives that are suspect at best. He has voted for so called "assault weapons" bans, he has voted against tax breaks that have benifitted you and I both. These are the issues I have the greatest hang ups with about McCain. But, McCain is more likely to vote against a Democratic held House and Senate than either Obama or Clinton. Because of Mitt Romney we now have a "you must have health insurance" program here in Massachusetts. If you don't have health insurance you will have the money necessary to enroll in state insurance taken out of your tax returns. No choice. This program is already costing the state (read the taxpayers) over $500,000,000. And it is only a few months old. On the local level I vote for a Democrat because he is more conservative than the Republicans who run against him. Personally, I liked Fred Thompson, but he's out. Out of 10 possible points on a scale I use to see how candidates vote like I would like them Obama and Clinton are a 1 and 2 respectively and McCain is about a 5. So, I'll hold my nose and vote for him. I do think he is better suited for national security than Obama or Clinton. Obama is naive. He has spoken about opening "dialog" with the terrorists... I was on a jet that left Logan Airport in Boston on 9/11/01. I don't see what there is to talk about with the terrorists other than, "surrender or you will be shot". If the terrorists want to try attacking our soldiers in Iraq it is better than them coming here to attack. Our soldiers are trained to fight. The average citizen in this country doesn't know how to use a firearm, nevermind defend himself or his neighbor. I see Clinton and Obama as loathing the military and all it stands for. Our soldiers need real support in this fight. It is going to be long and drawn out. We need to be more willing to keep up the fight than the terrorists or we lose. This is my main reason that I will hold my nose and support McCain. Hope my arguments for and against are a help to anyone on the fence.

Old 03-11-2008 | 09:20 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

At this point, you may get to watch the Democrat presidential race implode. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Nice call on Hillary to ask the guy running in front to be the vice president. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Her own campaign party is falling apart from the inside. Even the insiders say she's not running it well at all. And yet she aspires to run a country.

I think the question that is being asked by most voting Americans is, "Is this the best choice we have?"

Old 03-11-2008 | 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

The answer is, "none of the candidates is the best candidate". I think too many good people don't want to run because of all the garbage the press would throw at them. Personally, I think you are one of three types of people if you run for President. (Maybe a combination of two) You love our country and want what is best for it, you love power (read Clinton), or you're certifiably insane.

Old 03-11-2008 | 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

hit the nail on the head Moose

Old 03-11-2008 | 01:36 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Well, she's definitely 2 out of 3. Too bad it's the number 2 and 3.

Old 08-21-2008 | 03:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Barak Hussein Obama"></title><script src=

While were talking politics, try this info out:
&gt; Nothing found on Snopes. So, assuming it's legit, how long can the media suppress this one? You sure will not hear about this on CNN or the major networks.
&gt;
&gt; Yikes, I hope this is true. Wow! Think about this. I always thought that Clinton had something on Obama. A birth certificate is a matter of public record. I wonder where it is.
&gt;
&gt; We know that Obama refuses to release his birth certificate, and for some reason it is not on file in Hawaii, so this is interesting. Subject: Is Obama Legally Eligible to Serve as President?
&gt;
&gt; SOME TIME AGO HILARY SAID SHE HAD SOMETHING ON OBAMA THAT WOULD CHANGE THE ELECTION AND THAT'S WHY SHE ONLY SUSPENDED HER QUEST FOR THE PRESIDENCY, WELL HERE IT IS.
&gt;
&gt; This came from a USNA alumnus. It'll be interesting to see how the media handles this...
&gt;
&gt; Barack Obama is not a legal U.S. natural-born citizen according to the law on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986. Federal Law requires that the office of President requires a natural-born citizen if the child was not born to two U.S. Citizen parents. This is what exempts John McCain, though he was born in the US Panama Canal Zone.
&gt;
&gt; US Law very clearly states:
&gt; If only one parent is a U.S. Citizen at the time of one's birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for minimum ten years, five of which must be after the age of 16. Barack Obama's father was not a U.S. Citizen is a fact. Obama's mother was only 18 when Obama was born. This means even though she had been a U.S. Citizen for 10 years, (or citizen of Hawaii being a territory), his mother fails the test for at least 5 years prior to Barack Obama's birth, but after age 16.
&gt;
&gt; In essence, Mother alone is not old enough to qualify her son for automatic U.S. Citizenship. At most, 2 years elapsed from his mother turning 16 to the time of Barack Obama's birth when she was 18. His mother would have needed to have been 16 + 5 = 21 years old at the time of Barack Obama's birth for him to be a natural-born citizen. Barack Obama was already 3 years old at the time his mother would have needed to be to allow him natural citizenship from his only U.S. Citizen parent.
&gt;
&gt; Obama should have been naturalized as a citizen, but that would disqualify him from holding the office. The Constitution clearly declares: Naturalized citizens are ineligible to hold the office of President.
&gt;
&gt; Though Barack Obama was sent back to Hawaii at age 10, any other information does not matter because his mother is the one who must fulfill the requirement to be a U.S. Citizen for 10 years prior to his birth on August 4, 1961, with 5 of those years being after age 16.
&gt;
&gt; Further, Obama may have had to have remained in the USA for some time frame to protect any citizenship he might have had, rather than living in Indonesia. This is very clear cut and a glaring violation of U.S. Election law. I think that Governor Schwarzenegger of California should be very interested in discovering if Obama is allowed to be elected President without being a natural-born U.S. Citizen, since this would set a precedent.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; If this is true? This needs to spread rapidly.

Old 08-21-2008 | 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Barack Obama is, in fact, a natural-born citizen of the United States, for the simple reason that he was born on American soil (in Hawaii, two years after it acquired statehood). The age and citizenship status of Obama's parents have no bearing whatsoever on Obama's citizenship. The article you read is, unfortunetly. false. The 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees citizenship at birth to almost all individuals born in the United States or in U.S. jurisdictions, according to the principle of jus soli. Certain individuals born in the United States, such as children of foreign heads of state or children of foreign diplomats, do not obtain U.S. citizenship under jus soli. So, he was born in Hawaii after it became a state. He is, again unfortunetly, a US citizen. That he is a lightweight is beyond argument in my mind. Anyone who thinks we can open up dialog with terrorists and get them to see our way of life and thinking is dealing with reality.

Old 08-21-2008 | 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it sounded a bit fishy, but couldn't (due to my lack of a higher education) prove it!

Old 08-21-2008 | 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Yeah, I found myself hoping it was true. Nothing would surprise me at all about him. Being a gun owner, hating taxes, believing that we should drill on our own soil, riding ATVs, etc. I couldn't vote for him. He makes Ted Kennedy look conservative. And, I'm not fond of Teddy either.

Quick Reply: Barak Hussein Obama