Are there any ATV Instructional Video's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any ATV Instructional Video's?

I've been riding for a few years now without attempting anything overly drastic. Just bought my wife an Ozark (like mine). Thought a good instructional video might be helpful to both of us.

Like how to climb, crossing streams, catching a little air without over doing it. etc.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

I heard on here that you are entitled to a free training class if you buy a new quad. I guess you just call an approved training provider and give them the VIN. However if it aint new, then this wont work. Maybe someone else will have some more info for you, besides its better to learn on your seat, then on your couch!

Good luck.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is true you are supposedly entitled to a "how to" video for free with your new ATV. But generally you do have to ask for it.

I would venture to guess that if you just go to any dealer and say you would like one they might just give it to you. They might want your future business enough to give one up, I'm sure they don't cost them anything since the factories are supposed to provide them to the dealers.

A quick internet search will probably lead you to one also...

Old 03-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

I actually took the free class a few months after I bought my new Ozark. The class was good but it was done in a flat vacant lot next to the dealer. Riding over a couple small logs was as exciting as it got. I had not heard about the "free video". We bought my wife's Ozark used so won't get a free class there. She has ridden quite a bit over the past few years and has ridden her new one a couple of times now.

From the couch, we could at least see "what you can attempt" and get some idea of limitations. I've already done stuff with my Ozark that I couldn't believe they would do but the wife didn't see it happen. Saying "watch this" to demonstrate to her is usually leads to trouble. You know, famous last words in history "hey you all, watch this". I'd rather sit next to her on the couch and hit the pause button. Then say, now see how he's leaning?

I'll ask my dealer if he has a "how to" video. I would even buy it from him if need be. A search of the net turned up a Maxxis "istructional" video that might be helpful too.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

When I bought my wife her DS250, it came with a video tape.

Haven't ever watched it. It would help if it was on a dvd. I haven't had a working vcr in I don't know how long.

But I guess that proves that they are out there. Maybe an ebay or google search may lead to a source.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

Haven't ever watched it. It would help if it was on a dvd. I haven't had a working vcr in I don't know how long.
</end quote></div>

What is a VCR? jk im not that young!

Old 03-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Higgy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

</end quote></div>

What is a VCR? jk im not that young!</end quote></div>

They're those clocks that sit by a tv and flash 12:00. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 22Hornet

I actually took the free class a few months after I bought my new Ozark. The class was good but it was done in a flat vacant lot next to the dealer. Riding over a couple small logs was as exciting as it got. I had not heard about the "free video". We bought my wife's Ozark used so won't get a free class there. She has ridden quite a bit over the past few years and has ridden her new one a couple of times now.

From the couch, we could at least see "what you can attempt" and get some idea of limitations. I've already done stuff with my Ozark that I couldn't believe they would do but the wife didn't see it happen. Saying "watch this" to demonstrate to her is usually leads to trouble. You know, famous last words in history "hey you all, watch this". I'd rather sit next to her on the couch and hit the pause button. Then say, now see how he's leaning?

I'll ask my dealer if he has a "how to" video. I would even buy it from him if need be. A search of the net turned up a Maxxis "istructional" video that might be helpful too.</end quote></div>

Honestly the best thing is to get out and ride with more experienced people....

I've always learned the most by riding with people who are better..... they can show you techniques and tricks in person you cannot pick up from a book. They can show you how to pick up on things in the terrain that will effect the ride and how to read and compensate.

Plus when you see them do it, it gives you the idea that it can be done......

When I was teaching my wife, it was all a matter of showing her how easy something was, and how reading the terrain is the key to body position.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sure that actually riding is better. The weather (sparing profanity) has not been cooperative at all the past few weeks. We did get out once about 3 weeks ago and had a good time. She freaked out crossing a creek at an actual vehicle ford. I was able to coax her through it explaining what was going to happen and she listened, (really) and then made it across with out further complications.

I do need to locate some more people to ride with who are a little more agressive. 1 buddy I ride with gets stuck a lot but, at least he'll go places where he could get stuck. The others just go around. He's usually following me when he gets stuck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Road with 1 guy last summer who was good and watching him I was encouraged to do what he was doing and did all of it except the part where he rolled his ATV onto it's side. I passed on that routine.