The thread for people who work at being a waste of time

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009 | 06:42 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Default The thread for people who work at being a waste of time

For my zip code, Autozone has the tie rod ends for 30 bucks each. You may want to check around, as a lot of these places will match competitors prices.

As for checking the shocks, you look at the tires, and if they are cupped, that's a sign of worn shocks. You can also stand on the bumper and hop off. It shouldn't bounce more than two or three times. (can't remember) Depending on if they are gas or oil, the oil may be leaking on the sides.

Old 01-22-2009 | 06:43 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Just to give you guys a heads up, they are working on the forums tonight about 6pm pst. Not sure how long, but don't panic if you can't get on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2009 | 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Well my dad found the entire tie rod assembly for 113 bucks for the jeep... He thinks it could be some kind of link like what went out in one of my grand daddys trucks and his tie rods and made both the tires swing outt and he wrecked.. You know how dads are.. worried! BUT after we replace those I have to get the front end aligned!

Old 01-22-2009 | 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

For my zip code, Autozone has the tie rod ends for 30 bucks each. You may want to check around, as a lot of these places will match competitors prices.

As for checking the shocks, you look at the tires, and if they are cupped, that's a sign of worn shocks. You can also stand on the bumper and hop off. It shouldn't bounce more than two or three times. (can't remember) Depending on if they are gas or oil, the oil may be leaking on the sides.</end quote></div>

Yeah, with the tires, they are eat up like crazy!!! the tires on the front look like totally different sized tires than whats on the back

Old 01-23-2009 | 01:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rsouth06

Those are sopme awesome pisc!! I loved seeing that snow, it was beautiful!

I have a problem, I just went to go and get me somehting for lunch and the jeep shimmied a tinyu bit, then all the sudden it was shaiking so bad it looked like the front end has hopping. It was so bad I thought I had a flat tire. I got out and everything looked fine... I know youknow alot about jeeps so I thought I'd ask..[img][/img] That scared the crap out of me.. I couldnt stop shaking!! I just turned around and came back to work!</end quote></div>

You might wanna check that steering stabilizer shock you just put on, as you might have what we call the death wobble! There could be something wrong with it.Let me know what you find!

Old 01-26-2009 | 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

We replaced the tie rod ends and put another drag link in it.. We also found that the bushing to the track bar is bad. We are ordering that today and getting the front end aligned and putting the bushing on tomorrow. It drives alittle better but since we havent had it aligned yet since we put in the tie rod things it still shimmys. They jacked up my jeep and the whole front end is moving... Hopefully after Wednesday it will be all better!!

Old 01-26-2009 | 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

Those are sopme awesome pisc!! I loved seeing that snow, it was beautiful!

I have a problem, I just went to go and get me somehting for lunch and the jeep shimmied a tinyu bit, then all the sudden it was shaiking so bad it looked like the front end has hopping. It was so bad I thought I had a flat tire. I got out and everything looked fine... I know youknow alot about jeeps so I thought I'd ask..[IMG][/IMG] That scared the crap out of me.. I couldnt stop shaking!! I just turned around and came back to work!</end quote></div>

You might wanna check that steering stabilizer shock you just put on, as you might have what we call the death wobble! There could be something wrong with it.Let me know what you find!</end quote></div>

We just replaced that about 6 months ago. Could it be bad already?

Old 01-26-2009 | 02:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

It shouldent be but once in a while you do get bad shocks! You just might doubble check it!

Other than that how are thing going?

Old 01-27-2009 | 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

things are going... I cant complain I guess. How are you doing?

Old 01-27-2009 | 04:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

things are going... I cant complain I guess. How are you doing?</end quote></div>

Samo-Samo here pretty busy at work looking forward to summer already! Did the Jeep get fixed yet?

Quick Reply: The thread for people who work at being a waste of time