Recommended googles for a fat guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended googles for a fat guy

I'm fat, and I sweat buckets when I'm riding, pretty much any time of year. I also wear contacts, so I need goggles that vent well but which keep out dust & grit. I currently have a layer of old t-shirt cut out & taped over the too-porous vent on my Scott goggles, which works pretty well to filter crap out but the gogs still fog up horribly. I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for goggles that'll keep out the dust, but still allow enough ventilation to at least keep the fog away when I'm moving.

Thanks!

Old 04-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a street style helmet. No goggles at all. Even in really humid weather you can just lift the visor to make a small vent crack at the bottom and it's enough to keep the visor clear. It also keeps most of the dust out.

Jaybee

Old 04-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I don't know which brand it is, but there are some goggles that have a little fan you can add. Look up mywifesquad and ask him. That will get your airflow going so you don't fog up. Not sure how to keep the dust out completely. I get a thin layer of dust on my glasses.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried a pair of "desert" goggles today, which kept the dust out, but which started fogging almost immediately once the riding slowed. I switched to a pair of cheap Smith gogs I got for my son a while back, but which he never uses, and those worked great! The vent foam is either thicker or denser than on my Scotts so while some dust did get in, it was all little stuff, not the chunks of grit that seem to come in through the Scott vents and lodge in my eyes. So, hurrah, it seems to be solved for now.