Canadian Tire`s aftermarket Atv`s 30/30 warenty

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian Tire`s aftermarket Atv`s 30/30 warenty

Hehe , Canadian Tire`s Aftermarket 250 CC Atvs Do not carry warenty , at least in The store In midland Ontario Canada.

My dad Decided to go Cheaply on a New 250 CC ATC from Canadian Tire for a Bike that Costed him Around $3400 With Taxes in and he paid Cash.
And they Do not come with OWNERSHIP!

NOw Thier Gr8 Warenty they claim bikes only 30 days Against workmanship ,But I believe its only 30FT from the Doors of the Canadian Tire Store!

When my dad paid for the Bike and Started the bike up , he drove it to the End of the parking lot to load it on there Docking , The Motor Died and had Seeized up on the Bike , Gr8 deal it never even made it out of the parking lot.

So We IMMEDEATLY had gone to the Manager about the Problem.
The manager Refused to Warenty the Bike at all and would not give my dad back his Money !
And i mean the Bike only made it about 200 ft , and my dad only Basicly Ideled the bike down thier.
And it never Left Canadian Tire Property, Good Thing ! as Thats what the police Said. We had to get the police Involved [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

After Speaking with the police and with the manager atempting a fraudulent Sale ,
The manager Was Forced into giveing my dad back his Money as it never Left the parking lot.
But according to police , if it would have left the parking lot , My dad woulda Been responcible for all repairs on the bike before bringing it back to canadian tire for the 30 day warenty on the bike , as Thier Warenty`s are **** , Read The Fine print is what he was told by the police.

So it just go`s to show you what can happen buying a aftermarket bike .

god never again .. much time wasted and hassels , ill look twice before buying anything from canadian tire again.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Range Rover

Yeah personally I don't think the atv's are well built at all. It's aways better in the long run to spend a bit more and get a name brand atv. I wouldn't take one for free. Thats horrible what happened there. I wouldn't shop there again.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

IMO It really varies from store to stores. Since there is a 3 month warranty (or there used to be on Baja's) from Baja Motorsports, all you would have done would be to contact them and get everything fixed. Horrible story though.

I would say maybe it could have been an issue that could have been fixed after looking over it closely for about 1/2 an hour (with the engine), however after reading your signature I doubt that is the case.

When I was at Canadian Tire this week, they had two Baja 125 Dirtrunner Dirtbikes, and of course they just leave them sitting outside, one of them had a chain that was already rusted!

My Baja 90 hasn't had any problems. It's past it's warranty period and everything is so far so good. Mind you since it's just $1000, I'm not to concerned if anything happens to it, as it's just a "starter" bike for me. Well I guess in a sense I do care what happens to it, just sentimentally.... you know?

Old 07-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Canadian Tire`s aftermarket Atv`s 30/30 warenty"></title><script src=

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Capita

Yeah personally I don't think the atv's are well built at all. It's aways better in the long run to spend a bit more and get a name brand atv. I wouldn't take one for free. Thats horrible what happened there. I wouldn't shop there again.</end quote></div>

How closely have you looked at them? Any of the Bajas?

How is it ALWAYS better? Is buying a Kawasaki KFX90 or Arctic Cat DV90 (or whatever they are called) and spending almost $1500 more for a Taiwanese made ATV re-badged as a name brand one? NO!

Overall, it really depends what you want in an ATV. I probably wouldn't buy a 250cc or 300cc Canadian tire quad, but for something just to learn on, spending $1000 and getting a 90cc Baja that works flawlessly so far serves its purpose quite well! When I decide to get a faster, larger ATV next year then the $1500 saved from a name brand could be enough for full skid plates, a rear bag, and some other odds ends for a Can-Am Renegade!

You wouldn't shop at a Canadian tire store (well I guess if you live in the US you wouldn't know what it is) just because of that little incident? I hope you live in the US, or else that's a bit extreme (go to Canadiantire.ca, you can see that they sell a lot more than just ATV's)!