plowing snow with my atv

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plowing snow with my atv

I just got my new ATV and I'm wanting to know if there is any laws that I need to know about when plowing snow with my ATV. I live in OHIO. Does any body have any ideas that I should know about?

Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

plowing snow in your driveway im assuming? there shouldnt be any laws about it, i know in michigan they have laws about using your personal blade on county roads but not for your driveway.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

btw welcome to the forums

Old 08-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forums. My advice is to try to keep @$$holes from moving in next-door to you, and don't worry about the law.

I've plowed with mine in Michigan for several years. Anytime I even get close to the street my @$$hole neighbor calls the cops and says I was flying up and down the road at a high rate of speed. A couple of times they came out and told me not to ride it on the street.

Before that I used to plow my street and all the sidewalks on both sides, and drive a mile round-trip to plow out other people for free. Now I won't do anyone elses driveway even if they offer to pay me.

I don't know what the law is in Ohio but if you aren't flying down the road or doing donuts I don't think you'll have any problems. Unless you have a neighbor like mine. At least he hasn't tried to kill me in a couple of years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Welcome to the forums. My advice is to try to keep @$$holes from moving in next-door to you, and don't worry about the law.

I've plowed with mine in Michigan for several years. Anytime I even get close to the street my @$$hole neighbor calls the cops and says I was flying up and down the road at a high rate of speed. A couple of times they came out and told me not to ride it on the street.

Before that I used to plow my street and all the sidewalks on both sides, and drive a mile round-trip to plow out other people for free. Now I won't do anyone elses driveway even if they offer to pay me.

I don't know what the law is in Ohio but if you aren't flying down the road or doing donuts I don't think you'll have any problems. Unless you have a neighbor like mine. At least he hasn't tried to kill me in a couple of years. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

we stopped paying him he wasnt gettin the job done LOL j/k

Old 08-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Moto Psycho

I went to the ER with a sprained neck, strained back, bruises, scratches, and cuts, just for trying to get HIS stuff off of MY property. I still have double vision sometimes and headaches every day. I can't find a lawyer who wants to sue him because he's not a millionaire. It would be nice to at least get paid for all the property damage he's done and my doctors bills.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey jumbofrank....if those were my neighbors I would put on the loudest pipe I could find just for plowing and plow late at night AND early in the morning! I would also rev it up on occasion in the garage just to **** him off!

Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

should of used the sportsman to just drag it all back into his yard and leave some pretty ruts over there for him to enjoy.... but yeah that really blows

Old 08-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Moto Psycho

He sued me in small claims court too, for taking down a fence that he admitted to putting up on my property. He couldn't prove anything and didn't get a penny. All he did was admit to a lot of the crap he did. I'm not sure if he's on crack or meth. Maybe both, and he's dealing too. As long as nobody gets shot the cops don't care. If they don't come out, the lazy @#$%s don't have to file a report.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

when you call the police ask for their drug enforcement division, i would think they would be more likely to assist you in that aspect.

Quick Reply: plowing snow with my atv