Alpinestars Tech 2 Boots

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpinestars Tech 2 Boots

I'm bidding on a pair on ebay and I am just curious how people like them for four wheeling. Just looking for something to make shifting a little more easy.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want as much protection as I can get....so no little shorty boots for me!

Old 11-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair, and I love them. You can move your ankle around alot better. I have never had a problem with them.

I think that they are a great boot.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

I want as much protection as I can get....so no little shorty boots for me!</end quote></div>
I agree 100%

I wear AlpineStar Tech 8's I love the protection and yes even though I ride a utility quad... those boots have save my ankles / lower legs on 2 occasions so far!

I recommend full length boots! Not booties.. .

Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I am kind of on the fence on this subject. I used ot wear answer full boots. I crashed hard one time and actually broke the femur right at the top of the boot. I am not blaming the boot, rather I feel it protected me from an even worse injury. It was this crash that tore my ACL at teh same time.

I have since suffered another injury (Non ATV related) that litterally broke my foot off. I broke off 2 inches of the Tibia, and shattered the Fibula in so many pieces that they could not be counted. The ER wanted to amputate the foot. NO WAY. I now have steel plates and a dozen screws holding everything together. And my calf turned out so big that I couldn't wear my old boots anymore. So I bought some new Tech 3's. Love the boot, however one problem. All the armor on the right boot sits on top of my steel plate and screws. After a ver short while, the pain is just too much to bear. I have been using just an old pair of work boots that go over the ankle that I wear all the time. Not exactly optimal. I have been looking at these shorty boots for quite some time. SOme ar enothing more that boots with buckles. Others offer a great deal of armor. I have been able to touch and feel a lot of them, and think I have narrowed them down to two boots. 1) Fox's shorty boot is very flexable, almost tennis shoe like... but has the armor where you need it on teh inside of the ankle. I also like Alpinstars shorty boot. My biggest complaint however is that they do not have the lug sole I am looking for. Alpinstars boot has a Moto-X, where as the Fox boot reminds me of a tennis shoe. Both were comfortable... but I bought the fox boot because it didn't press as hard on the bones/plates. That is important for me, but others may want a stiffer support the Alpinstars offer. Don't get me wrong, a shorty will not protect the leg as well as a full boot when a stick slaps you or you bump into something, but they do offer adequate protection if your speed quotient has been reduced by age. Another plus on a shorty boot is you get rid of the moon boot syndrome while walking. Will they protect as well as a full boot? No. Do they provide accceptable performance and protection? Yes, as long as your riding style is conducive to a less than full throttle banzai style MX'r. Only you can judge that. but for me, they are way more comfortable and offer enough protection for my old crippled man style of riding.