no helmets and alcohal=serious injuries

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no helmets and alcohal=serious injuries

Saturday i went riding with a group of guys,most of them i have never met. When we leave to go riding everyone is telling stories about how much fun it is and how they tend to do stupid things. Im gonna keep the story short and to the point. As the day goes on everyone is getting more and more intoxicated( i am not one of them, nore is 2 other guys. one of the guys learned his lesson 2 yrs ago when he dislocated his shoulder while drinking and riding). Alright, so we decide to head back to the truck, 15 bikes in all. When we arrive there are only 11 bikes. No one thought much of it as there are some slow riders in the group, so we go ahead and load everything and head on home. On the way out 3 ambulance pass and a rescue truck. Immediatly we think the worse,someone from our group got hurt. Well because we were the outsiders and had no ones phone number to find out, plus there are homes in the area we just went on home. when I got home I recieved a call from one of the guys that was riding with us. He said that someone somehow flew off his bike ,hit his head, was unconcious,and bleeding out his ears. He ended up getting air lifted out and thats all i know so far. Moral of the story, Be responsable,ride safe!!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Geez, I hate to hear stories like that. I hate to see someone hurt, and I hate to see the sport get a bad reputation.

Everyone in my riding circles always wears a full face helmet, and the booze doesn't come out until the riding and driving for the day are done...

Anyway, I hope the guy comes out OK.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Range Rover

Im sorry to hear that man. I wish the best for him and tell him our hearts are with him to get back riding soon. Tell him not to be stupid again if he survives.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer

stupid decisions result in bad results

people just never learn do they

Old 02-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Sorry to hear someone got hurt.

But, sounds like they do this often, if they start out telling stories and keep drinking.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad to hear.......in addition to the pain and suffering of the injured and their families, these cases of reckless riding often result in riding areas being closed and/or restricted. No one wins in these situations.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

Because of his actions, it may cost all an excellant riding area with miles of fun,scenic views for families to enjoy. From what i had heard years ago was that they were talking about shutting all the atv trails down ,due to beer cans,trash on the ground, people getting injured over stupid things,ect... this may end it all.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

well, the latest news on him is he did have brain surgery of some sort, not sure if it was b/c of swelling of the brain or what. He was considered in stable condition as of this morning. He is 24 with wife and kid. Who knows if he'll be normal after all this. I dont ever preach or tell anyone what to do,but please at least where helmets when you ride. All this happened less than a mile from our trucks, 2 more minutes and it would have never happened.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Booze and ATVs, booze and hunting, booze and boating, booze and driving, booze and motorcycling. What do they all have in common? They don't mix. I'm thankful God kept me from dying from a terminal case of the stupids when I was a teenager. Even after I stopped drinking I still saw the effects of the non-mixing of the two. I pulled a guy from a burning pickup who was drunk. Not even sober enough to tell me that he had picked up a hitchhiker. By the time we got back to the truck all we could see was a human shaped duraflame. People, for your sake and others, keep the alcohol for non driving situations. (If that)

Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Range Rover

Atvs + Alcohal = Bad
Thats all I have to say

Quick Reply: no helmets and alcohal=serious injuries