View Poll Results: Which ATV Magazine is your Favorite?
ATV Action
10.00%
QUAD
43.33%
Dirt Wheels
26.67%
ATV Rider
3.33%
ATV Magazine
3.33%
ATV Illustrated
3.33%
ATV Sport
10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Which ATV Magazine is your Favorite?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which ATV Magazine is your Favorite?

Those of you who aren't old enough or weren't riding in those days, will not remember how terrible the 90's were. The consent decree with the government, meant we went a few years with no new models. All the mags had to offer was "how to mod your Banshee", over and over and over again and again......

With a downturn in the economy, I sure hope manufacturers don't put their R&D on hold, and not offer us anything new in the near future. The mags are already getting thin. I hope this isn't a bad sign for the future.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

Those of you who aren't old enough or weren't riding in those days, will not remember how terrible the 90's were. The consent decree with the government, meant we went a few years with no new models. All the mags had to offer was "how to mod your Banshee", over and over and over again and again......

With a downturn in the economy, I sure hope manufacturers don't put their R&D on hold, and not offer us anything new in the near future. The mags are already getting thin. I hope this isn't a bad sign for the future.</end quote></div>

Well the annoying thing to me is that all they seem to review are the 450s. Sure they're probably the coolest but lets get some more 250 and 400 cc shootouts going on both the sport and utility sides of things.

Also, they haven't done many 09 reviews yet. And I've yet to see an 09 shootout, but it is still early.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

atvman29 says: "I agree, I haven't been thrilled with QUAD's product lately. Not many vehicle reviews. And yeah, the lack of a poster doesn't help! Although the buyers guide had a poster didn't it? It was the one before that didn't."

Nope, just checked--the December08 Buyers Guide--no poster, and now the March09 is posterless, too. Part of the reason Quad seems a little thinner is the drop in advertising. The March issue barely has any, especially compared to previous issues. Could be the advertisers have cut back, or Quad changed its pricing/standards/etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear that Quad had announced that they were going to begin publishing monthly, rather than just 9 times a year. Probably put on hold until the economy improves, if ever.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

That does sound vaguely familiar about them publishing 12 a year. I haven't had a time to go through the new issue yet besides browsing though in Walmart. What month did that poster with the new YFZ450R come then?

Old 02-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

Quad editor John Howell writes on page 26 of the March09 issue that Quad will be publishing a poster every other issue--he states that the poster costs $20k to produce, and should return to every issue once the economy recovers.
He also notes that the last several issues have been thinner due to a drop in advertising, but states that Quad will not be dropping the amount of content.
At least he is upfront about it, and the mystery of the missing poster has been solved.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KQ400Pilot

Quad editor John Howell writes on page 26 of the March09 issue that Quad will be publishing a poster every other issue--he states that the poster costs $20k to produce, and should return to every issue once the economy recovers.

He also notes that the last several issues have been thinner due to a drop in advertising, but states that Quad will not be dropping the amount of content.

At least he is upfront about it, and the mystery of the missing poster has been solved.</end quote></div>
Good to know! I missed that artical and am missing my favorite part of Quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer

I ordered a subscription to ATV Sport over 3 months ago from www.magsalmostfree.com and they said it should come in 8-12 weeks and I still haven't gotten my first issue. Anyone else dealt with this site?

Old 02-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: crazy4wdracer

I ordered a subscription to ATV Sport over 3 months ago from www.magsalmostfree.com and they said it should come in 8-12 weeks and I still haven't gotten my first issue. Anyone else dealt with this site?</end quote></div>

Don't remember if it was that specific company, but I no longer use the magazine consolidators--been burned a couple of times.

I now use Amazon.com for mag subscriptions, or the magazines website.

Amazon usually has good prices, and will refund your $$ if you do not receive the mag or merchandise.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KQ400Pilot

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: crazy4wdracer

I ordered a subscription to ATV Sport over 3 months ago from www.magsalmostfree.com and they said it should come in 8-12 weeks and I still haven't gotten my first issue. Anyone else dealt with this site?</end quote></div>

Don't remember if it was that specific company, but I no longer use the magazine consolidators--been burned a couple of times.

I now use Amazon.com for mag subscriptions, or the magazines website.

Amazon usually has good prices, and will refund your $$ if you do not receive the mag or merchandise.</end quote></div>
Hopefully I don't get burned. I have used the magazine consolidators in the past and have always had good luck.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

voted Dirt Wheels myself, as its the only mag I have had a subscription to, I just recently subscribed to QUAD but have not received my first issue as of yet.

Quick Reply: Which ATV Magazine is your Favorite?