View Poll Results: Which ATV Magazine is your Favorite?
ATV Action
10.00%
QUAD
43.33%
Dirt Wheels
26.67%
ATV Rider
3.33%
ATV Magazine
3.33%
ATV Illustrated
3.33%
ATV Sport
10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Which ATV Magazine is your Favorite?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ATV Magazine is your Favorite?

I went with Dirt Wheels, but was hard to pick it over Quad......both are excellent in my mind. However as an ATV rider (side-by-sides over 50", not able to ride Wyoming Trails), I wish they would stick solely to ATVs and let the UTVs get there own magazine. Seems the "ATV" magazines are featuring more UTV than ATV.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tramp

I went with Dirt Wheels, but was hard to pick it over Quad......both are excellent in my mind. However as an ATV rider (side-by-sides over 50", not able to ride Wyoming Trails), I wish they would stick solely to ATVs and let the UTVs get there own magazine. Seems the "ATV" magazines are featuring more UTV than ATV.</end quote></div>

A lot of the manufacturers are dedicating a lot of R&D to UTVs since they're the hot, new ticket. I'm sure it will slow down in the next couple of years.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:55 AM
Trailblazer

I like Quad and ATV Rider. ATV Action seems to be geared more toward kids....last time I read it anyway.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't say ATV Action is geared towards kids. I feel they do more stock vehicle reviews than most of the other mags, which I appreciate. They stay away from some of the tech stuff, which is fine with me.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

ATV Action ALWAYS has the best editorials though. Joe Kosch is hilarious, and very easy to relate to.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider

ATV Action. i had it from 94 i think tell 04' i beleve. still have all the orignal mags in a box. id like to get them again. anyone have seen a deal on a 2yr subscription to either atv action, or dirt wheeles?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like both ATV Action and Dirt Wheels. They have the same publisher, and a lot of the same tests, but each from a little different perspective.

And, most of the action shots are taken in So. Calif., so I love to sleuth out where they were taken.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: chuck_raduenz

ATV Action. i had it from 94 i think tell 04' i beleve. still have all the orignal mags in a box. id like to get them again. anyone have seen a deal on a 2yr subscription to either atv action, or dirt wheeles?</end quote></div>

I think for a while, they had a deal where you could subscribe to both for a very reasonable price.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I subscribe to both Quad and Dirt Wheels. I voted for Quad, but...lately, Quad seems to be a little thin--just received the March09 issue, and for the second issue in a row--no poster. And it is definitely thinner on content than it used to be.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KQ400Pilot

I subscribe to both Quad and Dirt Wheels. I voted for Quad, but...lately, Quad seems to be a little thin--just received the newest issue, and for the second issue in a row--no poster. And it is definitely thinner on content than it used to be.</end quote></div>

I agree, I haven't been thrilled with QUAD's product lately. Not many vehicle reviews. And yeah, the lack of a poster doesn't help! Although the buyers guide had a poster didn't it? It was the one before that didn't.

Quick Reply: Which ATV Magazine is your Favorite?