Are Atvs and dirtbikes way overpriced?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011 | 04:47 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Are Atvs and dirtbikes way overpriced?

I was just thinking about this being I'd like to buy a new quad.To me 8 grand you use to be able to buy a nice used car or jeep for that.I think the companies are out of there mind charging this and the people paying for it,is even more crazy.I saw the 8800 trx 700xx was going out the door last year w Honda bucks for 5200 so this just tells me This is just tom thievery going on here.Is this gonna become the next yuppie rich mans sport like golf or Skiing?

Old 01-21-2011 | 04:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Like they say if you want to play you got to pay. I guess if you want a cheap sport, take up Frisbee golf LOL

Old 01-21-2011 | 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

I love the sport and i would pay the money. the markup on thos is amazing ive seen 8grand quads go for 5 grand and the dealars still make money

Old 01-21-2011 | 06:07 PM
|
Pro Rider

Yeah thats what Im trying to say snow racer,then theres craigslist and I see a 2 year old quad for less then 4 grand,this has to be killing the dealerships too.I like the can ams but 13 grand for a quad you can only sell these things for so much.Too me a new quad is only worth 5 -6 grand even if people are paying 8 grand for them.its like Dodge, 45 grand for a challenger,What do White bread Dodge think they are now Bmw or porsche.For that kind of money .I bought an 09 Dual sport for 8600,the japs dont make a street legal 450,for nearly the same price I bought exotica .

Old 01-21-2011 | 06:22 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Economics. If you'll pay it, they'll charge it.

Old 01-21-2011 | 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Old 01-22-2011 | 02:38 PM
|
Pro Rider

Yeah I kind of figured that,wasnt trying to start a pissing contest or Im better than you or anything .I just wondered what ya'll thought regardless I think its getting ridiculous .

Old 01-22-2011 | 03:01 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

My cousin bought this ment shape 2003 jeep for $12000 Canadain , a used 2008 Rhino cost that much and has no heater,cd player,wipers and is not allowed on the streets.

Yes I,d say there over prices.

Old 01-22-2011 | 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I think it depends on what you are using it for and how much use you get out of it. Would I pay $8000 for quad to drag one deer out of the woods each year? Absolutely not. Would I pay $8000 for a machine that I put 1,000 miles a year on, that I use for hunting, that I use to do yard work....maybe. Honestly, for me, there is no way I could afford dropping $8000, on a quad, but I can see why people do. I ride around 1000 miles a year with my dad and brother. We all live about an hour apart and get together to ride every couple weeks throughout the riding season. We go down the night before, drink a few beers, and camp out for the night. We get up the next morning and ride all day. I can honestly say that at 28 years old my two best friends are my dad and brother and I wouldn't want it any other way. Our love for ATVing brings us together for 8+ months a year. There is no way I could put a price on that. Myself, I couldn't justify paying that much money for a quad even if I could afford it. At the same time, if I were shopping for a new car, I wouldn't be shopping for a Corvette like some would. When it came to shopping for a new quad last year, I wasn't looking for the Corvette of quads. I looked in midsize and found a two year old King Quad with 128 miles on it for $4000. It looked like it had never moved off the show room floor. I am 6'3" and go 250 and haven't found a place the 400 couldn't go. That includes 500 miles riding the hills of Hatfield McCoy. Everything is overpriced this day and age. Quads like everything else have people making money every step of the way from casting the parts to delivering the quads to the dealerships. Somebody has to pay for it. I really think overpriced is a term of relativity. If you can afford all the bells and whistles and are willing to pay for them, then it isn't overpriced. For me, I do not need the extra size, hp, etc. of the big bores when a midsize will do everything I need them to, so I think the bigbores are over priced for me.

Old 01-23-2011 | 06:59 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

On the other hand, go jump that jeep and rhino 5 feet in the air a dozen times and come back and tell me which holds up better.

Quick Reply: Are Atvs and dirtbikes way overpriced?