New Feature: ATV Industry Facts

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 01:32 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Don't think the Polaris Slingshot will do to well in hurricane situations.
Nope, but it's faster than a Segway or bicycle and could get you out of the area.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Frank
Nope, but it's faster than a Segway or bicycle and could get you out of the area.
I think I'd rather have a quad. Pretty narrow, and can carry a good bit of gear in a trailer. If I get the chance I might join Samirtan's Purse to help out folks in Florida. Not sure if I'll be able but I'm sure they could use a guy handy with a chainsaw and carpentry tools.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:54 PM
THE BERMINATOR

The cops just want to look cool and pretend they're just like everyone else. As if they can relate to young people today. From the little bit I heard it sounds like Florida got hit pretty hard.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

The cops just want to look cool and pretend they're just like everyone else. As if they can relate to young people today. From the little bit I heard it sounds like Florida got hit pretty hard.
Was watching Fox News at dinnertime and they showed houses that had been wiped off their foundations and driven inland. I remember Katrina ripping houses off foundations that also had some steel I-beams. We went down with a box truck of supplies. Lots of hurting people. Between the Carolinas and Florida it's pretty bad.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:46 PM
THE BERMINATOR

Good job Moose. Keep it up. They need all the help they can get. The "one in 500 years" storms seem to come every year now. I'm glad tornadoes don't hit here one after the other, year after year, the way tropical storms and hurricanes do down there. There was an F5 tornado here once, but it was in 1953 and I wasn't born yet. I literally don't know what it's like to survive anything like that.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:25 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Did You Know?

You may not be familiar with Curtis off-road enclosures but they are about to become dealer equipment for MULEs thanks to a new deal with Kawasaki:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/a...d-you-know-27/

Old 10-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Good job Moose. Keep it up. They need all the help they can get. The "one in 500 years" storms seem to come every year now. I'm glad tornadoes don't hit here one after the other, year after year, the way tropical storms and hurricanes do down there. There was an F5 tornado here once, but it was in 1953 and I wasn't born yet. I literally don't know what it's like to survive anything like that.
We mostly deal with bad ice storms and heavy wet snow that brings trees down. Last year, in Billerica, MA we lost power for about a solid week. If I hadn't cleared the trees out of our road we might not have had for 10 days. I wasn't impressed with the power company's or the town's response to put it mildly.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:07 PM
THE BERMINATOR

That really sucks. We have ice storms too but not that bad. I think bad drivers or stray animals take out a sub-station on rare occasions. My power went out for several hours once, but I don't know why. Usually it just blinks off and on, and all I have to do is reset a couple of clocks and turn my computer back on.

I took a peek at Curtis Industries, LLC and they make utility vehicle cabs for 10 other brands besides Kawasaki. Plus cabs for other kinds of vehicles, and other accessories.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:24 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Did You Know?

You know this company but did you know they make goods for our quads?

https://atvconnection.com/articles/a...d-you-know-28/

Old 10-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Back Country Explorer

I purchased my first AGM battery for my Airstream last year. It cost maybe twice as much as lead acid, but is "ventless" , supposedly lasts longer and can handle more discharge extremes and vibration. The wife's car has an AGM battery under the passenger seat for more under the hood room. When the time comes, I'll explore an AGM battery for my ATV for the same reasons.

Soon, we will be talking lithium ion type batteries for longer life and power density.

David