Helmet Shield/Eye protection

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 01:42 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do others use? I ride with a yamaha snowmobile full face helmet. Unfortunately, the face shield scratches by looking at it. Does anyone know of a shield which is scratch resistant?(my eyeglasses have a coating for this).

Also, how do you like using goggles? I can wear my contacts and switch, but wonder how they will be.

Thanks,

Rainman

Old 06-25-2001, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rainman

I bet that sand at Silver Lake just about ruins that face sheild on your helment. I really like the goggle as opposed to the face sheild. They generally keep the sand and dust out of your eyes because they seal up better around your nose. The drawback to goggles is that they tend to be a little less comfortable on hot days. The only time that sand has penetrated by goggles was at Silver Lake. I got stuck at the top of test hill and the wind was blowing up over the hill and pelting me with loose sand. I ended up with about a teaspoon of sand in my goggles that ended up in my eyes when I went over the next hill. I bought a pair of goggles that have replacable lenses, so I just replace the lenses for about $3 and I have clear vision again. Hope this helps.