How to prevent sore hands??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As MagicMatt mentioned get a bar insert. Go to your local Harley-Davidson dealer and tell them you need a bar snake. Harley's have been vibrating like this before quads were invented. That should cure alot of the vibration. The other suggestions could eliminate all the vibrations once everything was in place.

Old 08-03-2001, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Go to a DOCTOR. Not an internet forum.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2001, 03:26 PM
Range Rover

BlueLeader,

The information I just read I found very helpful and informative. Yours statement was not.

Thanks everyone that spent the time and effort helping this aged gentleman with his numbing hand problems. I also have experanced this type of situation. If the problem re-occurs with me when I get older, I now have knowledge on what course of action to take to releave this situation.

Getting old sux, but it happens to everyone that lives. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2001, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for you comment, Brian.

And thanks to everyone else for their constructive suggestions.

RidnWarrior: I plan to do both the aluminum bars and the bar insert from HD.

BlueLeader: When you are a little older---like when your mom doesn't have to drive you to soccer practice---you may see things differently.

Old 08-06-2001, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

Brian - I found everyones <u>mechanical</u> advice helpfull too.

Deskbound - Good luck with your hand. I re-read your post and now realize that you must be seeing a Dr. because you were diagnosed with dupuytren’s contracture and you must be doing all you can <u>physically</u>...which is what I was concerned with.

I suffer from some major injuries (smashed knee cap, severed petella tendon, broken back, both wrists broken, broken metacarples, sholder, etc. etc... and I am only 32!) I have to wrap, tape, and brace everytime I ride.

Equipment is half the game. Special stretching/exercises is the other.
That is my point. So don't be so sensitive..lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And change your name from Deskbound to 54Racer!!!!

Old 08-06-2001, 03:26 PM
Range Rover

Blueleader,

now that's a much better post! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's always better to be more detailed in your post so we know what you mean. And yes I am a sensitive &quot;Alan Alda&quot; type of guy..LOL Just kidding!

Just remeber Blue, when you go riding.. Stock up on Duct Tape.. it holds everything together... heheh

(wonder if my wife would let me wrap her in Duct tape?)

Old 08-06-2001, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

This has gotta be the most civilized thread on this forum yet. Thanks BlueLeader. You have certainly taken more of a beating than I have, and I used to box.

I am no racer but I have RIDDEN my Scrambler 500 places the young guys with me (on a Raptor, an Explorer 400 and a Scrambler 400) decided to walk down.

Riding the atv is the most fun I have found you can have with your clothes on. And I like the other atv riders I have met. We must be a pretty cool group.