Goggles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm one of only a few I ride with that wears helmets & that includes kids. While I don't preach at them to wear helmets I suggest that they should, & when the kids go riding with me as the only adult, they wear helmets or they don't ride.

I got the Kevlar Yamaha helmet when I bought my quad & don't ride without it (it's just like seatbelts it's a habit). To those that think the're expensive, you're right. But it's like my race car, I've got Simpson Firesuit, Helmet & 5 point belts. There expensive but if you can't afford good saftey equipment then you can't afford to race.

Seat belts & helmets are not absoulutes. I'm a Firefighter in Tulsa & no matter what the commercials say, We cut seatbelts & pull helmets off dead bodies. But your chances are much much better with them than without.

Old 04-28-2002, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

Dave, great website. You did a great job on the wheelie bar. It seems we share alot of common things. Rap is something you do on the door when you want in isn't it????

Old 04-28-2002, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks 1Cman, I am kinda proud of my wheelie bar. I'm still new to building web sites but I'm having fun with it. Check back next week I'll be leaving tomorow to meet raptoid, bansheewarrior & some others from Indy at Little Sahara. I'll post new pics when I get back.
I just put pics of my truck on my site.

You were close, I rap on C'Dale riders helmets when I pass them!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] LMAO!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Old 04-28-2002, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

Dave, I'm glad you at least give us guys a little notice. You know there is just much pressure up front and I'm an old guy. Just as soon you lead the way. I'm more than willing for you to take the first bullet.

Have fun wish I was going.

Old 04-29-2002, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

<< Frogman,
the only one I've tried that actually felt comfortable was the Arai. 350 bucks! Ouch, and I need two.
>>

Never try on an Arai unless you plan on buying one. They are the most comfortable helmet you can buy, bar none. I've had my VX Pro for several years now , and in spite of being plain white and pretty scratched up, it's the nicest helmet there is, except for an Arai with graphics or custom paint.

Old 04-29-2002, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

<< Hear, it is the law. 50$ helmet or 80$ ticket. I personally think it is a good law. >>

Sorry, I don't believe in this law. I believe in Darwinism here, stupid people will die. This law just goes against nature.

Old 04-29-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

let me say this about that.... the helmet is a great thing it saved my mellon , look into those perscription goggles they are the same size as regular but costly. personally....id just get a helmet, o lot of riding areas require them.

Old 04-29-2002, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

Wolley,

You may want to look into contact lenses. I generally wear glasses, but find contacts to be better for offroad and sports. It's much cheaper to get standard sunglasses, goggles, and other stuff.

Plus, you get much better peripheral vision. Even when I bowl, I notice I can see better with my contacts.

They take some getting used to, and I still sometimes have trouble. But worth it.

Rainman

Old 04-30-2002, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

We both own helmets now and in spite of the bitching she grudgingly wears hers. Myself, I've gotten really used to it and it's become second nature to grab the lid before riding. We ran into a group this weekend-two couples, four quads, two three year-olds, no helmets and the kids were doubling on the gas tanks. Pretty scary! I hate it when kids suffer from their parents stupidity!
There are so many reasons to wear a helmet and no legit reasons for not wearing one!

I wore contacts for years. Finally got to the point that I just couldn't wear them any more.
Besides, where we live contacts are a royal pain because of the dirt. High desert plateau, 6&quot; of rain and about a foot of snow, 30mph winds all spring, dust storms that look like something from the &quot;Grapes of Wrath&quot;.

Old 04-30-2002, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

I see your point XfiftyX...lmfao!

hehe