GOGGLES!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

help!

have trouble with glasses fogging up!
have to wear glasses to see, of course, so bought Oakley's H frames.... they let in dust, and every time i stop, they let my breath in and fog my glasses!
i've tried skiers' no-fog , several brands, various sprays, dryer sheets, and even bought a 3/4 helmet hoping it would help, but NNNNNNOOOOOO!!
you folks who do a lot of muddin' must run into this [at least on the way to the muddin'}
and the desert boys prob have a solution to more dust on the inside than the outside! hehe
any advice would be helpful....the rider i cant see may be YOU!
thanx
;p raptor8

Old 06-19-2002, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

You have tried every thing I would suggest. Are contacts able to correct your vision??? You can get them pretty cheap. Just a suggestion.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

You mgiht try SCOTTS OTG (Over the Glasses) model. My dad uses them and doesn't seem to have any problem. Our humidity levels in the desert are way low and fogging isn't too much trouble in the summer months. Another thing is to get a quick release strap on the goggles. This way each time you stop you can just remove the goggles and then put them back on when you are ready to go.
Also you can go to your eye doctor and buy the sport goggles that have the corrective lenses built in.
Breathe out through your nose and you will notice less fogging.
Other people I know like myself just wear contact lenses and regular goggles.
Last you may try a different (smaller framed) glasses which would fit inside your goggles better.

Old 06-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor8, the goggles that you want are Oakley "L" frames. These are the goggles that I ware with my glasses. They are made specifically for people who ware glasses and are very comfortable. They are made with little foam slots for the eyeglass arms so they seal up tight around your head even over the eyeglasses. They have breathable foam built into the outer edge of the frame, which lets them breath nicely, yet, keeps out the dust. I live in Vegas, and fogging up is not a problem, but they definitely keep out the dust, they are very comfortable with my glasses, and let enough air flow, that I don't think that they would fog up. Take a look where you bought your Oakley?s, and you should find the "L" frames.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a pair of paint ball goggles and the seem to work better than any bike goggle I have tried.

Old 06-22-2002, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Try the Scott OTG turboflow's. They are made to fit over glasses and the turboflow lenses are actually two lenses with foam around the edges and vents in the lense. The quick straps help alot too.

Old 06-23-2002, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

I too wear glasses and can't wear contacts. Scott OTGs worked great for me. They are rather large and without a helmet you will look like Fearless Fly. But hey, you need to wear a helmet anyway!

Old 06-28-2002, 07:52 AM
Trailblazer

Scott OTG goggles, double lenses and quick straps . works for me.

Old 06-28-2002, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Scott OTG--- Works well in this part of the country. Hot, humid, lots of mud.

Old 07-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Greetings,

Baileys (timber supplies) sells a screen mesh goggle called Bugz. They have no glass at all, just a mesh of metal. They work great against bugs but let the dust in, but they also let it out. With glasses on underneath, I found they work well, and they are especially good in winter when there is less dust and they don't fog at all.

Quick Reply: GOGGLES!