My Experience about My Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's with people bashing someone else's ride, you know I mean some people say ATVer's are farmers, and Bikes rule! Polaris is junk and Arctic cat rules! Why cant all of us just ride and enjoy life?
We are losing ground all the time we all need to stop bashing each other and stand up for are sport before the government stops it all together! there already on us about sound, spark arrestors, the Mounds in MT Morris Michigan is always in court the people that live there hate us and are sport! Everythings going 4 stroke even snowmobiles are coming out with them now, No more snowmobiles allowed in national forest! But instead of standing up and fighting for are dying sport, us just turn on each other why?

Old 08-24-2002, 10:06 AM
Trailblazer

its just a mental problem with some , they dont feel loved so they want to hurt others as they hurt , then some are youths who havent learned the golden rule yet . then some are just plain stupid . i agree lets all play together like buddies before its to late . i am with you brother .

Old 08-25-2002, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

My99Banshee,

Let's take a look at the problems you cite, just here in Michigan, and break it down a little.

What is the largest atv club in Michigan; where you would bring these types of questions to?

While we both know why the state has to regulate sound and sparks from mufflers; will our efforts be more productive in focusing on brand bashers and people that 'hate us' around a local riding area OR asking the 'hard' questions of the people on our ORV advisory boards that are supposed to represent us?

The people that serve on these boards have asked us time and again to bring their concerns to 'them' and that 'they' will make sure your question is answered directly by 'themselves' OR brought up in these meetings by the person trying to 'funnel' these questions to STATE leadership in an orderly manner.

In your opinion, are these questions even being answered, or if not, being brought to the state board so that 'they' might try to tackle them? My next question would be; do you believe that the members of these clubs 'expect' questions to be handled this way or that the leaders of their club (sitting on state ORV advisory boards) should only have to answer questions that are fairly 'routine' and don't get too 'tough' ?

Interested in your reply as I believe us 'regular folk' in the Michigan riding community might very well have some valuable things to contribute and may not know where to start or what to do when they run into a 'brick wall' with good questions in hand.

John

Old 08-26-2002, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

It's quite simple my dear, the bottom line is... Polaris is the better quad. :-) I'm sure this will reek havok. :-)

Old 08-26-2002, 02:15 AM
Trailblazer

Zoom Zoom , You had to go and do it didnt you . Now the fights on , lets see some Fur a Flyin . hiss,growl hiss . this ought to get good before its over . I like em all as long as they are kawasaki,yamaha,suzuki,honda,polaris,artic cat, major brands . I wish I had a couple of each from the differant makers , all have good or strong points . as long as my freinds can ride with me I dont care what brand they are on as long as we can have some fun .

Old 08-26-2002, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

Do the comments above kind of prove my point; 99Banshee?

Will these same people ever really 'care' about your quote above that follows?.............

......."We are losing ground all the time; we all need to stop bashing each other and stand up for our sport before the government stops it all together!"........

Just thought, being a fellow Michigander, that if these subjects really mean something to you; go to your state ORV advisory board representative and start asking questions. If you are refused an answer or are simply brushed off..........find out why your 'state' representatives are allowing this to happen.

.........(your quote)"But instead of standing up and fighting for our dying sport, we just turn on each other; why?"

The 'brand' bashers?........don't we have more to worry about?

John