Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have money but the bank does.lol

Old 09-16-2002, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer

i c...most people i talk to that are around their 20's usually have to sell their quads/bikes for college money...actually thats how i picked up my bike...i guess i just have to save my $40/month allowance and EVENTUALLY have some good money for a quad....

Old 09-16-2002, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

When you get older - if you plan, get an education and put for th some effort - you will have more money. That's just how it goes.

Oh, and I bet that most of the teenagers on here that have new machines do so because their parents paid for all or most of it.

Old 09-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

That's the truth. I sold my Trailblazer and that went towards my new quad. I save like 2500 and that went towards my new quad too. I work for my dad so we made a deal that he'd make up the difference but i wouldnt see my paycheck for 7 monthes. I guess it was worth it. All i ever do is ride.

Old 09-16-2002, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Great thread here guys
I own my quads 100%
transalp another statistic although home prices have skyrocketed, the percentage of equity folks have in their homes is at an all time low in the USA. Tons of folks refinance when the price of their home goes up, then turn around and blow the money. If you look at historical trends and cycles it'll all probably end badly sooner or later.

Bobcat, I know what you mean about riding with the family, I have three sons who have a great time when we ride and I'm trying to interject a little responsibility into them by working on the quads together, maintaining them and acting responsibly when riding.

yamahayzman, live within your means. Save now for what you want tomorrow, buy cash, at your leisure, you always get a better deal.

Old 09-16-2002, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

I can thank you guys for helping me to pay for my toys. I work for the phone company. And i didnt get my first quad till i was 32 years old...Rob

Old 09-16-2002, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I work my butt off. I'm 39 years old and have a wife and four kids. I have 2.5 years left until I am eligible to retire (law enforcement). I owe on our house but that is about it. I have a part part time job and the money I make there goes to the family fun-fund. Most all of us have been where you are now, be patient, work hard and you'll get there.

Jay

Bear Tracker
2003 Kodiak 4x4

Old 09-17-2002, 12:20 AM
Range Rover

My wife and I are close to sixty years old, but we both love to ride quads and we ride hard. We are both in good shape. Our kids are grown and we are spending their inheritence. Sometimes we let them ride their inheritence. When our kids were young, we had house payments, car payments, and all the other payments like everyone else at that age. We are fortunate to be in good health and don't owe anyone anything. Sometimes you just have to wait a while.

Ted

Old 09-17-2002, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

hey yzman.... nobody said it would be easy.
i bought my rap a year ago and busted my nads to pay it off in one year. done.
bought a new blaster a month ago on the yamaha easy credit plan...was gonna pay it off with tax return this spring....couple days later got chest pains....ooops! got the ambulance ride $600 and everything!.
spent all day in the ER. [have had heart trouble before]
went back to work the next week {doc said take the week off, no pay}
and guess.........'well, business is slow, so we're gonna lay YOU off." This is the part where ya think about getting drunk or committing suicide, or both.
[oh yeah, they bought their fourth delivery truck the day after i left to cover for that lack of business] i sell wholesale.
so..... now i've got employment insurance....good thing lotsa stuff is paid off! looking for somehting i LIKE to do instead of what i have to do to pay the bills. it does give you a different perspective!
SO
DONT EVER THINK THAT THINGS COULDNT GET ANY WORSE..BECAUSE THEY SURE AS HE!! CAN! HAVE FUN!

keep smilin!

Old 09-17-2002, 04:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

bsb64. I have a friend that has been paying on her house for 27 years and because of refinancing and taking equity out she stills owes 45 grand. With interest rates low I refinanced for the lower rate only. The mortgage company couldn't get it through their heads I didn't want any equity. Some people argue that the equity is just sitting there doing nothing so why not "use" it. I don't agree and might be wrong but, I like the idea of paying things off. I do use credit cards for mail order then pay the total when the bill shows up. Looks like everybody that's posted has been smart about making purchases. It's easy for me to know what's going to spent every month, no wife or kids. I was 24 when I bought my first and only new bike, a 83 XL600 purchased new in 84, for $1850 cash out the door. Those were the days!!

Quick Reply: how do u guys pay for it all?