how do u guys pay for it all?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought a 1992 suzuki quadracer 250r for $1700. i have been saving up since i was 7 and i finally bought it. i just did jobs around the naighborhood and fixxed things like go-karts. Now i am 14 it all the work has really paid off. I love my quad............... you just have to keep working, but remember an old bike is not nessesarally a bad bike. Look at the honda 250r it is was the best sport quad ever made.

Old 09-17-2002, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'm in debt but my job allows me to be in debt, I live way up north and get a 40% pay hike versus for the same job down south, so I can afford to do this. I try and pay off everything as soon as possible, I don't plan on living way up north for the rest of my life, just the next 3-4 years, maybe less if I stop buying stuff.

So do good in school, find that perfect job, if you can and save your cash. Start your career young, I started mine when I was 21, I've got a government job so I'm totally secure.

Good luck and I hope you get something you want and something that you can enjoy.

Old 09-17-2002, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer

i know what u mean about the old quads not necessarily being bad....i found a 1986 Suzuki Quad Sport with reverse, 230cc 4 stroke, completely re-built, strong runner, good starting and running....for $950....n e one have knowledge of the quad, lemme know what problems it normally has, if its a good deal...o and its OBO...

Old 09-17-2002, 06:08 PM
MDG
Range Rover

If you want to make good money for toys, work hard in school and don't stop working on it until you are through college. Yes I'm a parent and that does sound like dads canned answer but it's true. Get that degree and find a job that you love and the toys will come.

Good Luck, Work hard and Enjoy Life.

Old 09-20-2002, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

hey man Iam thinking about going into law inforcement?any ideas?

Old 09-20-2002, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

good idea! first, pick a state that has stable funding! our poor cops never know if they're gonna have a job. or being a firefighter is even more stable if it appeals to you. similar work, usually no one SHOOTING at you!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2002, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

It's called work!

Old 09-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

bsb64
"...live within your means. Save now for what you want tomorrow, buy cash, at your leisure, you always get a better deal."

Actually, I think a better bet would be to live below your means. My wife and I both work, but we live on my income only and use her's to save, invest and play. The key is to have 3-4 months of living expenses in the bank.

I know that most of the U.S. is leveraged to the hilt that if only 1 paycheck is missing, everything stops. I don't see how people can sleep at night like that. Just my thoughts.

Old 09-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for all the advice...my dirt bike is now having problems again, and i just re-built it...i think that it has some carburetor problems, but i have to take it to someone to be fixed...so now my parents say that i cant have any other dirt bike or fourwheeler, unless i buy brand spanking new...so i guess that for now, i will try to get it working again, sell it and save for a car/insurance...then more saving for a quad...

Old 09-23-2002, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

<< good idea! first, pick a state that has stable funding! our poor cops never know if they're gonna have a job. or being a firefighter is even more stable if it appeals to you. similar work, usually no one SHOOTING at you!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

No, not usually getting shot at on fire calls but rescue does get tricky. And then there's that ever popular benifit of dealing with HAZ-MAT and entering burning buildings with the possibility of being burned alive, it's as dangerous or worse than LE.

I'm a former professional paramedic and volunteer firefighter, my former partner is now a deputy and says he'd never go back on a truck (ambulance).

Quick Reply: how do u guys pay for it all?