how do u guys pay for it all?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

geez, it seems like almost everyone here has a 2001 or 2002 atv...how do u guys pay for it all?? i mean i have a very part time job, only when people need help on their farms, only $7 an hour +taxes....i am only 14, and the only place to work around here is worse than farms...just wondering how u guys pay for ur quads and stuff...sound like some of u (or most of u, i dont know) sound like u r in ur early 20s and have real jobs...

Old 09-15-2002, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

dude dont feel bad Im 26 married and just bought my house.I cant swing a new quad either.But I have a lot of fun on an old one.Time for some hop ups though to stop the snickers when people see my mojave.

Old 09-15-2002, 08:09 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

CPT in the US Army Reserve. Great part time job.

Old 09-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Most people (20-50 yrs old) are in debt up to there eyeballs to pay for luxuries, in this case bike's and atv's. Not a good place to be. They always have a payment dosen't matter what it's for. In there eyes a payment is a payment is a payment. Sell the one year old atv and get a brand new one with a brand new payment. Then use credit cards to buy all the aftermarket goodies, now work 60 hours a week to try and stay ahead of the bill's. Somewhere I read that 70% of blue collar workers in the US are on an average of $40,000 in debt. A house payment or rent and a vehicle payment are not concidered debt. I'm a blue collar worker and I've structured my life as not to be one of the 70% in debt. I have older toys 86 250R Honda and a 89 RMX 250 Suzuki, I've had both of these about 7 years. Be paitent, work smart for your money, and spend it smart. Don't be envious, I think that's almost as bad as being in debt. LOL
You'll get a 'real" job soon enough. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Later

Old 09-15-2002, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good Advice! I wasnt able to get a quad until I was 29 and had been i the U.S.M.C and finsished college. If you work for it, itll come!

RoostKing...

Old 09-15-2002, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

I've bought 6 quads new and used {including 2 new Suzukis since April '02} in the last 2 1/2 years. All I owe on besides my house, which is worth over twice what is owed on it, is some of the debt from the Ozark and Z-400. I have enough valuable stuff, extra trucks, trailers and car parts that I don't need, to sell and more than pay off the quad debt. I realize that ATVs are toys, luxury items that are not essential but I enjoy them immensely and they are my main source of recreation. I have a good job and can afford them. I take good care of them and could recoup a good portion of the money I have spent on them if I were to sell them. One piece of advice I would give a younger person who is "Quad Crazy" is be honest to yourself about what kind of riding you can and want to do, probably dictated by the area you live in, and zero in on a quad that you can use and enjoy the most. Stay conservative {save up $ ahead} and find a good used one. Don't spread yourself out too far with all the toys and hobbies you have either. I've done that before and all it does is make it so you can't have much fun with any of it. Pick one that really gets you hyped up and go for it! ATVing is a great hobby!
BTW, I'm 45 years old and the quads are also for my family, wife and 11 y.o. son, who enjoy ATVing too. They aren't as "quad crazy" as I am, but my son I'm sure will be that way in the future.

Old 09-15-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

seems to me that most folks with the shiny new toys are swimming in debt. I dont know how they make those monthly payments either. luckily, all my stuff is paid for except the blaster, which will pay off with tax return next spring....
thats way, i can afford gas for the truck to get them there! hehe
keep working on it, and watch out for that easy credit trap....it's easy alright....easy to lose everything! whew

Trending Topics

Old 09-15-2002, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Greetings from Ocala, Florida..... You have to understand many of us are middle aged (40's) and have scraped and scrounged most of our lives to get to a comfortable position....and now it's pay back time for all the hard work and the many things we did without until we got to the point to be able to pay $13,000 cash for 2 Raptors after years of having to ride $1000 junk quads that we worked on it seemed, more than we rode. Just do well in school, stay out of trouble and set up and focus on some long term goals in your life...work hard and work through the many, many tough times you may have. I will bet that someday you'll appreciate all the hard work, sweat and tears you gave to finally realize that all in all your dreams did come true.
Dave

Old 09-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

i dont have any 2001 or 2002's
all i have is a 86 and a 87
but they are payed for and i would not trade either one of them for a new one.

Old 09-16-2002, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

To be honest,the MGIB pays for some of my hobbies.I am a full time student,have a good paying job at FedEx,and am in the USAR.Budget,I cannot repeat it enough.The only"GOOD DEBT" is a mortgage.

We need a club,VATVC.That is another anacronyms(sp?) for you vets to learn.

ldrship,singars,sports,nbc,saw,hmmwv, damn,I've gotten my self started on anacronyms

Quick Reply: how do u guys pay for it all?