OCALA, FL.???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
Just wondering how many people have ridden in Ocala national forest in Florida, I love it, I have ridden there many a time. And if you have, please share with me the areas you have ridden. I have personally ridden at lake delancy and all around the frontier.

Old 09-17-2002, 12:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Greetings from Ocala, Florida... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We ride almost every other weekend in the ONF... We camp at Big Scrub at 588 and the powerlines ( i think it's 573 but not sure), anyway, we have met some really great people and enjoy catching up with them from time to time for soem great riding and shootin the bull. My wife and i both have Raptors, along with a couple of warriors and a never die suzuki 230 quadsport that the kids ride on the times they come with us. We will be heading out there this coming weekend to Big Scrub on friday afternoon and will be staying until sunday late afternoon. We will be camped up in the front row parallel to 588. If you get over that way stop in and say hello !! We will be in a 30' Cruise Air motorhome with a 16' open trailer. We have 2 identical black and red raptors. We are always looking to meet new friends to ride and camp with. Stop by if you can, or come and camp with us. We do alot of night riding to if we can get a group together...gives you a whole new perspective of your normal riding area [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
Dave and Kimberly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2002, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

AWESOME,
my uncle and his family allways ride out there, big scrub was actually the first place that I had the chance to experience ONF. Ever since then we have gone plenty!!!

I have a RM250 (without a spark arrestor) and I heard that it is illegal to ride in a national forest without one. But I am starting a new job soon, HOPEFULLY I CAN FINANCE A 400EX!!!!!!!

RAPTORS4US, I would absolutley love to meet ya'll, we love camping there, going on night rides is my favorite thing!!!! Specially when we wind up at the frontier!

Anyways, when and if I get the four wheeler, I will most definately take you up on your offer.
We have some friends that own a cabin on one of the smaller lakes (can't remember the name of it) and they are very friendly, we usually round up a bunch of people and just ride, my uncle happens to know all the trails by heart along with his gps.

Well I look forward to meeting you, maybe I will just have to buy a spark arrestor so i can get out there sooner. E-MAIL ME AT LMURRAYKING@AOL.COM

look forward to meeting you and by the way, I am just a simple seventeen year old that loves to ride, SPECIALLY IN OCALA!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Range Rover

I have ridden both the Big Scrub and Lake Delancy areas many times. My last ride was this past Sunday at Big Scrub. Sounds like Raptors4us likes riding like I do, at night. Good nights to ride this week with the full moon approaching. I had plans to ride Lake Delancy Friday night but forgot a party that was planned long ago.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't usually ride too much in the ONF during hunting season. It starts Saturday, September 21 (Bow Season). Not as many people hunting with bows at Big Scrub so I will probably ride there until modern gun season arrives. There are plans to have some new rules by the end of this calendar year on trails in the ONF. I'm told there are over 2,100 miles of UCRs (User Created Routes) in the ONF. That will be reduced considerably if I understood the US Forest Service correctly. I tried to get involved with the US Forest Service on the mandated changes but apparently they are not as eager to have input from ATV enthusiasts as I thought. Happy riding,,,and maybe we will meet some day out there....

Old 09-17-2002, 10:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

SWEET