I road my first quad last week!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I finally got to ride a quad last week, a freind of mine has a new Z 400 and talked me into riding, Im still recovering from a badly broken leg and ankle, so it has been a bit of a struggle to want to try something new.
I rented a new 400 EX here locally, loaded up with his bike then headed off to Canyon Country for a quick little trail ride, I had a blast! I have always been a two wheeler but need to find something to ride that I cant use my leg and ankle, if I take my foot off the pegs and try to pivot, it just kills me, so I thought that I can still ride and have fun with a quad, a bit different but still a tons of fun.
It sure is funny watching me try to rev up the quad forgetting about the thumb throttle, HA! There are a few indifference's that I hope to learn about, body english and stuff, but all in all, I think I did well considering I have never road one before, looks like I will replacing the KX for a KFX soon!

BTW, any tricks to riding whoops at speed?

Old 09-22-2002, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much the same as a bike...keep the front end light and stay on the gas! Most of the body positions are the same except for leaning into the turns or corners on a quad to prevent bicycling. The positions are more exagerated on quads due to the extra weight and added wheels. It takes way more body correction in the air to set up for landings than on a bike.

Old 09-23-2002, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the decision to get a quad, you will love it! As far as the woops go, slide as far back on the seat as you can while still being able to reach the bars, and get on the gas. You will skip across the top of them. Enjoy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]