Riding Alone

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002 | 07:49 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Riding Alone

ok My Friend I go with! I guess I dont go quite fast enough,I do the best I can.Iam not out there for speed or to tick anyone off.I just want to have fun.When we do ride he is so far in front,I dont sometimes know which way he went.Guess I should find a differant partner?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2002 | 09:54 PM
Range Rover
Default Riding Alone

Don't sweat it too much man... Some people feel the need to blast around as fast as they can all the time. Find a group that you feel comfortable riding with. You'll get faster with time if that is what you want...

Old 10-16-2002 | 02:00 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Default Riding Alone

You might have them wait at the forks so you know which way they go.

Old 10-17-2002 | 08:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Riding Alone

The best suggestion I have is: DON'T RIDE ALONE. Where I operate, you could run off the trail, and over the side of a mountain, and they would NEVER find you. Its a real bad idea to ride alone. As stated earlier, ride with others that are in your same skill-level. At minimum, ask the fast rider(s) to wait at ALL course direction change points.

Old 10-17-2002 | 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Riding Alone

Yep...what Trx450 said!!!!!

The accepted, non-written, common sense rule is...the last man to get to a change of direction/turning point ALWAYS waits for the next rider, to make sure everyone stays together!! Not to mention it just flat being a common courtesy! You need to explain that to your ridin' buddy, maybe he doesn't know??

There are too many unexpected things that can happen when riding. Never ride alone!

Old 10-17-2002 | 12:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Riding Alone

Everything they said, and:

Ride at your own safe pace,,,hangin back a bit can cut down on the dust, and increase visibility.

None of the fun you might have is worth getting hurt,,,just trying to keep up with someone.

Learn to walk,,,,then run!

Old 10-17-2002 | 07:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Riding Alone

I ride alone in Wisconsin 99% of the time. If you're prepared you shouldn't have a problem. I'm like you I like to see what I'm riding through. Take it slow and enjoy the great state of Wisconsin.

Steve

Old 10-17-2002 | 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Default Riding Alone

My wife and I ride two up and spend alot of time by ourselves. We are very prepared, as prepared as we can be. Most of the people we ride with don't have as much time to ride as we do, or don't like going as much as we do. We like going where we want and as fast or as slow as we want. We hang a trash bag on the back and stop and pick up alot of trash until the bag is full, and they don't always like stopping to see what happened to us so sometimes it is just as easy to travel by ourselves. We do like to go with others, but we generally like being in the rear (except really dusty roads, then we like being up front).

Like some of the others have mentioned, don't hurray to keep up, thats how people get hurt. Don't go too fast, go at your own pace and enjoy the ride.

Old 10-17-2002 | 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Riding Alone

I also ride alone most of the time, I have a problem with breathing dust so I try to ride very low traffic areas. I have found that I learn more riding solo about the trails and see much more wildlife. I can run at my own pace be it fast or slow but always stay within my known limits. As long as you keep your machines in good repair and use common sense I think it's ok.

Old 10-17-2002 | 09:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Riding Alone

For all you lonesome riders,,,it sure would ruin things to be all busted up 20 miles from civilization without a buddy to get help. Be careful.

Im sure we've all heard the stories.

Quick Reply: Riding Alone