A Place for Women?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002 | 01:58 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default fA Place for Women?

Just wondering if all you female riders would be interested in a separate forum category for WOMEN???? Nothing against you guys at all. Just would be different.

I personally think it may provide a place that is a little less intimidating to post. I'm not really the shy type, and will post anywhere I feel like, but just because I don't know what thingamajig is connected to which whatsit that causes a bump in the ride, I feel a little stupid sometimes.

So speak up, whether you would like it, or not, either way.

Old 12-01-2002 | 04:25 AM
Range Rover
Default A Place for Women?

You don't have to feel stupid or intimidated in here,heck even I call part's a thingamagig or a flibbidigizit,But it is an idea and should be respected as a perfectly good request.......Zilla

Old 12-03-2002 | 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

That might be a fun idea..... I ride a modified Honda 400ex but I couldn't tell what's been done to it, although I'm learning to do the maintenance on it finally. Might be a good place for us to ask those "stupid" questions that you don't want to ask the men.. haha... like "how do I change the oil on my 400ex"!

Old 12-03-2002 | 06:41 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks, Zilla--it's good to hear that!

And it's good to see at least one woman reply! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Any more??

Old 12-03-2002 | 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe all the others are out riding their quads like we should be!!! Work sure cuts into my riding time.. hahaha!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2002 | 12:26 AM
|
Pro Rider

You're right! It's probably not as cold for you in California as it is here, though!!! Sunday it was beautiful--43 degrees [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and sunny! But today it was 4 degrees with the wind chill. Nice, huh? We still go riding in this wonderful Iowa weather--I'm not complaining! But how nice it would be to ride year round without down coats, snow pants, ten layers of clothes underneath, snow boots, winter gloves, and a thermos of hot chocolate strapped on the rack! It's really not too bad.

I read your photo page and I am so sorry for your loss. That is neat that you and your daughter are still riding and that you ride his 400ex. Again, I'm really sorry and hope you find peace.

Old 12-04-2002 | 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for your nice thoughts. He was an amazing person...we miss him terribly but know that he would want us to continue riding.. and we love it. I even earned my "Upside Down Club" tshirt the last trip to Pismo when I tried to get my bike unstuck in the sand.. guess I took that little mound too fast and the front end came up in no time flat and I landed on my butt! The first thing I could think of was how proud he'd be that I finally wrecked on my bike!!!

I won't tell you how great the weather is in California and that we can ride year round with just a light jacket on (oopss, did I just say that out loud?!). The weather's been in the low 60's and we've even had a few low 70 days.. although I'm sure those are few and far between now! I'm planning a trip to Sand Mountain near Reno at the end of the month... that should be a new experience for me as we may be riding in the snow... guess I'll get a taste of your weather!!! Better bring my warm clothes!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2002 | 03:15 AM
Range Rover

Your very much welcome ATVGURL,so I see your weather is like here in MICH.COLD YUK,HATE it,Now QuadKaryn,yes that was too loud,lol must be nice to be riding in warm weather,,I must ommend you on your strength,and I too am sorry for your loss....God bless you and your daughter,keep your spirit's up and have fun riding......Zilla