Bad Bad 4-wheeler wreck

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2000, 01:15 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bud. Its a shame that it takes something like this to happen for us to realize how important it is to wear a helmet. Maybe some good can come out of this tragedy if these posts change the minds of those who dont wear helmets. I'm sure I speak for the 9500 of us or so in the forum when I say our prayers and thoughts go out to him and his family.

Old 04-21-2000, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

86Honda200SX:
I am trully sorry to hear about your friend, that is a terrible thing to happen. Best wishes to him and his family, I hope he is able to pull through OK, and is at least well taken care of. And, to everyone else, this seems to be the second near fatal accident in the last week! I seriously hope this is not going to be a new trend or anything. If you haven't seen it already, check out the Suzuki page. Ron's mother Linda is also in serious condition, and due for surgery due to a rollover. Out of respect, maybe we can all be sure to ride extra safe this weekend, and pay more attention to safety in the future. While atv's are ton's of fun, I think we tend to assume that nothing bad will ever happen to us, and that's usually when something goes wrong.

Mike

Old 04-21-2000, 03:56 AM
JRM
Pro Rider

Total bummer, Makes me think twice too, I always ride one handed with a fishing pole in my left hand (thats why the Rancher ES wont work out for me) and no helmet to get to the river. The trail we ride along has a 8 stran barb wire fence on one side..man if I went into that it would be like a chain saw! Well, Helmet for me every ride now no matter how short. I have wrecked hard twice on my old XR500R bike where the helmet saved me without a doubt.
1. 70 MPH and hit a Water bar and went over the bars
2. playing on a gravel pile and went over the bars again with the bike falling and traping me under it (the foot peg was at my tempel) thank god for my old Lazer MX-2)

Old 04-21-2000, 10:32 AM
Range Rover

So Sorry about your friend. I had an experience riding at Wayne National Forest last weekend. Coming around a blind corner on the trails and met a sportsman 500 4x4. We both locked up our brakes. He was coming down a hill and turning at the same time. He rolled his quad, but wasn't hurt. He was riding without a helmet! I love to ride and will always wear a helmet to insure that I can keep on riding.

Bruce
2000 Banshee
99 400ex
99 wolverine
blue ribbon member

Old 04-22-2000, 08:22 AM
Trailblazer

Dam, dude sorry bout ya man........wish it never happened.....Dam

Old 04-23-2000, 04:05 PM
Range Rover

Well guys they took him off the resprirator and he breathed by himself for 20min.But now his kidneys and everything else stopped working so its just a matter of time.

1986 Suzuki 230 Quadsport

Old 04-26-2000, 06:45 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry about your friend man the best thing any of us can do is pray for you your friend and his family. The best thing you can do in his memory is to make sure all of you riding buddies wear there helmets alwasys.

Old 04-26-2000, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

I feel for the person involved in a wreck such as this.....and I know that your point of this topic is to educate persons on the importance of safety while operating an atv or the likes....

DO you think it is kosher to be spreading someones personal information, such as health and well being over the internet? especially if this person is in as bad of shape as you mention....

I don't think I would like it....I know If my friend was in such a situation...I would be by his bedside....and not on the computer being a hero.

Sorry...just my opinion...
Hope he is well.

Old 04-27-2000, 07:59 PM
Range Rover

Do you think that that its that easy to jump in a car and go to the other end of the state to the hospital he's at?!Ya I wish I had that much time.But, no joke he was in critical condition the only people that were allowed to even see him were his two parents.Trust me there were a LOT of people there.I really feel sorry him and all his family (like you really care) I think and know that I posted this post to warn some of the newer riders to this sport.How would you like it if one of your friends were hurt and killed and I posted a post like your Iwould have went down there, but the family already had a preacher and about 50 other people including his classmates, family,teachers!The family basically asked that if you decided to visit with the boy in the last three days to just see his brothe mother and father instead because they were getting to let him off the respirator and there was absolutely no hope.You make think I don't care but I felt sorry for not going that first night.I did attend the funeral and all the services.So next time you decide to open your big mouth have respect for the hurt and dead.And besides I couldn't have looked at him for more than 5 min because I would have had to leave the room!JUST MY OPINION! I HOPE YOU KNOW

Old 04-27-2000, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

And oh yeah I'm not trying to be a hero like MR Hotshot SAY IT FMF!

Quick Reply: Bad Bad 4-wheeler wreck