Does anybody wear a helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2000, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to the Uwharrie National Forrest this weekend saw many many people riding without helmets. This place is extremely rocky and as hard as some peoples heads are there surley not as hard as the ROCKS.

Old 04-24-2000, 11:21 PM
r34
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup... I always wear a helmut... always...

Old 04-24-2000, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Here in Quebec there is a 200$ fine for not wearing a helmet! My neighbor got one this winter for plowing her entryway without a helmet!!! I always wear mine...I took a few spills before so I know better.

Keep it on!

Old 04-25-2000, 01:44 PM
Range Rover

didnt for a long time, no one with us did, then 1 night trail riding and shhhhh drinkin we got to a little sand pit, I was on my pops 200sx big red trike, from what people tell me I looked like an ostritge with my head in the sand when it landed on top of me. Woke up in my bed which felt like the beach there was so much sand in my hair.
if that didnt make me learn, flipped my 250x on pavement and somehow ended up with the top left side of my teeth split in half, yeha it sucked, 3 root canals and 1 pulled. I had the helmet on 4 this 1 and still have chuncks missing out of it. always wear, especially @ night.

86 ATC250R Fast
91 250(soon 2 b 350)x

Old 04-26-2000, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

HELMENT,GOGGLES AND GLOVES, PERIOD !!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2000, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

I wear a helmet when loading & unloading the quad. A buddy of mine who rides a 400 ex doesn't where a helmet & he almost dented my trucks bumper with his head when his homemade wooden ramp snapped & he & the 400ex rolled over to my truck.

You never know when that little OOOOOOOOOOOOps will happen, whether you are going fast or slow.

Always were your helmet, NEXT

Old 04-26-2000, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I always wear a helmet. I would rather crash and have a cracked helemet then a cracked head! Just like Honda says "Stupid Hurts!!"

Old 04-26-2000, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

For anyone who doesn't wear a helmet, read this.
There were 101 ATV fatalities in West Virginia from 1990 to 1998. Of those 101 killed, 100 were not wearing a helmet.
I think that says it all........

Old 04-26-2000, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

When I first got my quad years ago, I wore one religiously. As time passed and I became more "expereinced, or confident" I left the helmet at home. Lately, however, I've gone back to it and will continue to wear it.

I don't care what people say or if they think I'm a sissy. I went to visit someone with a head injury the other day, and I thought, that could easily be you, all you have to do is fall off, and LIFE really living and expereincing it could be over. I looked at a 6'3" young man, who's pictures in his room were of football and such and watched as his mother wiped the drool from his lips for him.

His accident wasn't from quads, I'm not implying that, but it was a head trama that made him what he is today.

YES! I'll wear it all the time.

Old 04-28-2000, 09:24 PM
Range Rover

I guess this is one of those be honest questions.I do not wear a helmet unless im in a ohv park or some place that i have to or dont ride.When i first got the quad i did wear it all the time.Then as summer got hotter i wouldnt wear it as often.Now i notice i dont wear it at all.I do take it with me, but it stays in the truck.I dont need all of you out there telling me that im a jerk,morron,stupid and all the other stuff cause i dont wear my lid.I already know im a dip wad for not wearing it.I know sooner or later im gonna get in a spot where i wish i had it on.Im gonna start wearing,After reading all the posts you all put it could be my turn next.Here in California we do have a helmet law.If you get caught without it on street or in a National forest you will get a ticket.To my understanding it will go on your record.Im just being HONEST to the question that was posted.......BOB

Quick Reply: Does anybody wear a helmet?