Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

What the heck is this?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the heck is this?!

Hello everyone,

Was given this machine from a friend who got it at a garage sale and didn't have the time to mess with it. As a result, I know nothing about it other than what I've found on the internet searching for 'cheap Chinese go cart'. That being said, I think it's a TaoTao110 but I'm really not sure. I can't seem to locate a data plate (do they even have one?) and the only serial numbers found were on the engine. This is what I do know:

1. Single cylinder that has '86cm' stamped on it.
2. Chain drive.
3. Single hydraulic foot pedal brake with disc on rear axel (next to chain sprocket).
4. Top of engine case has '7SUNX 110ACX' stamp
5. Sticker on top of engine case says '147FMF70813344'. This also matches a stamp on the bottom of the engine case by the chain.
6. Carburetor looks recently replaced with a 2017/04 stamp. TD TONG DA 13 stamped at top.
7. Electric start.

It's been worked on abundantly by someone who I will generously describe as a novice, but it actually runs (poorly) and the wife drove it around the property without throttle control (connected but seems to have no affect other than engine noise) and just riding the brake to adjust speed. It had sat in the garage for about a year before I got to it. I drained the gas and added fresh 93 octane. The battery was dead but I just added distilled water and charged it overnight and it's surprisingly strong.

I'm assuming I'll need a new carb and I will definitely require new exhaust as it fell apart in my hand when I took it off. There seems to be an oil leak at the top of the cylinder but only when it's running which I'm assuming means a blown gasket.

In any case, If anyone here could possibly positively ID this thing it would be a great help in finding parts. Also any recommendations on where to acquire parts, advice on maintenance, things to look for, or anything at all that you may feel helpful, please chime in.

Thanks in advance for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails What the heck is this?!-unadjustednonraw_thumb_f331.jpg   What the heck is this?!-unadjustednonraw_thumb_f332.jpg   What the heck is this?!-unadjustednonraw_thumb_f32f.jpg   What the heck is this?!-unadjustednonraw_thumb_f330.jpg  
Old 06-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Looks a lot like the Sunl 110 carts I've seen. Wouldn't be surprised if the parts were the same. Chinese manufacturers like to copy a lot of things.

I'd save money and put the 87 octane in it. Not high performance by any means.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think you nailed it. Thanks. Do you happen to know a good website for parts? I found HighRPMRacer.com which seems to have quite a bit but couldn't find an exhaust pipe on there site.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Buspilot
I think you nailed it. Thanks. Do you happen to know a good website for parts? I found HighRPMRacer.com which seems to have quite a bit but couldn't find an exhaust pipe on there site.
I know this is old but I bet others will be dropped here researching this question. We get parts off Amazon. Just bought a $15 carb for a 110. These things come in from China by the shipping container load and go out to different importers that slap their name on them but they are all the same or a very view differences. Search chinese ATV 110cc carb or whatever part you need or even the engine itself and you will find an image of exactly what you have most likely.

Old 04-29-2021, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is we’re I get all my
Chinese parts

Chinese Quad Parts

[img]blob:https://atvconnection.com/ab5ad39e-0ec4-4bc2-9016-b15d166dbba1[/img]