Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

where to get wut and wut goes well w/wut.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003 | 04:30 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default where to get wut and wut goes well w/wut.

hey i have an '88 230 quadsport (clutch, kickstart) i wanna do some major mods and am not sure how to go about it. just to start off please do not tell me that its not worth it to just get a new bike.
i wanna get a hi po carb, intake, exhaust, cam, crank, valves, valve springs, air filter, and a rear shock. for the carb, intake, and exhaust, vincescycle has them.
it has a hi po carb and intake set for about 150, and a exhaust (head and muffler) for about 115. does anyone know about these two things from vincescycle, how they perform. the site is www.vincescycle.com if you were wondering.
for the cam i was gonna get the web cam w/the .360 lift, 278 duration and 213 grind number. would u know wut crank i would need to go with that and where i would get it and if the .60 over wiseco piston from vincescycle would work along w/the web cams valve spring kit w/the performance dual springs. not the race kit.
also wut valves and valve springs would i need for that cam also.
any other suggestions on another cam i should get along w/the rest of the setup w/the particular cam u suggest.
and wut airfilter gives me the best performance.
also when can i do wut. can i put in the cam i want and then later on get the crank and later get the valves and springs or do they all have to go in at he same time or a different order.
i also plan on port and polishing it but have no question about that