Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Bike powered atv

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003 | 06:05 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Bike powered atv

I dont yet have an atv, and i dont really want to spend all the money on a new quad and then put a bike engine in it so im looking to put a 600 or 750 in a banshee frame is there neone that has done this and can it be done. a few months ago i saw a place that had a yzf r1 engine in a banshee frame and it was running high 9's in the 1/4. i dont need that extreme but i want something that can scream. its not going to be a mxer, but i want somehting that i can ride around on my streets, that has the reliablitly of a sportbike and i could haul *** from police if i had to do so. anyones input would be appreciated

BigJOhn

Old 07-01-2003 | 03:06 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Bike powered atv

why doesnt neone ever respond to questions regarding motorcycle powered banshees it must be becxuase they are afraid of getting their asses handed to them just my .02

Old 07-01-2003 | 03:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bike powered atv

Most people probly dont have any experence doing conversions like that. If your going to do a conversion like that your gonna need to be a decent welder and fabricator. I have seen a 1000cc warrior at the dunes before and it screemed.

Old 07-01-2003 | 09:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bike powered atv

K_Fulk is right, most people don't have the experience or skills to do such a job. Most motorcycle engines do not have counterbalances either which makes them not practical for atv applications due to vibration.

Old 07-01-2003 | 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bike powered atv

I think a Honda 400ex frame and an XR650L engine would be a nice combo if you don't want to mess with a radiator. Throw a high compression piston in there and you should have plenty of grunt for not a lot of money. A 400ex will handle better than a Banshee unless you pour cubic money into the suspension. Any quad can outrun the police if you keep your wits about you and always turn left. Police are trained to turn right if they lose sight of the perp because something like 80% of runners will turn right given a choice. Yes, I've personally tested this theory and it works:-)

Old 07-01-2003 | 12:32 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Bike powered atv

haha i like the turn left idea thanks fellas i was just getting a little dissappointed when nooone was responding. that 400ex with the 650 does seem like a good combo and it would prolly screeam actually i know it would i just want to be able to beat most of the people out there. im not talking about the purpose only quads. i want mine to still be rideable but i want to roost if theres any information about that 650 swap it would be appreciated

BigJOhn[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003 | 12:39 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Bike powered atv

oh yea i forgot to add one thing is there a place where engines can be bought without buying and wasting the entire dirtbike i mean i have money but im definitly not one to waste a perfectly good dirtbike just so i can make a mean *** quad there has to be some places that sell engines if anyone has any information it would be appreciated

Old 07-01-2003 | 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bike powered atv

Try doing a search on atv and cycle salvage yards you could probly find a motor through one of them.

Old 07-02-2003 | 12:33 AM
QUE
Trailblazer
Default Bike powered atv

There's one on e-bay for sale with a GSX-R 600 motor on it. Its a blaster frame. It doesn't look that bad. The guy that built that thing is NUTS.

Thank you the owner of said Blaster with GSX-R motor

Cheers

Old 07-02-2003 | 06:09 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Bike powered atv

i am really really interested in the blaster just looking at it is giving me a chubb im about to go and bid on it cuz the price is just so sweet i just need to know that it would run he says it runs but on the side i couldnt see a shift lever so i was kinda confused maybe i dont know whut im talking about and do any of you think that there would be some plastic i could put on that bad boy possibly a set of blaster fenders please help i think im in love

Quick Reply: Bike powered atv