Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

How much faster are quadzilla's than banshee's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 10:46 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much faster are quadzilla's than banshee's?

All you are fogeting the "Golded Rule"

He with the most money means most mods and that quad has a better chance of being the fastest.

I have a stock Zilla and a pumped up Zilla. In stock trim the Zilla is faster then a banshee, it will run away in a drag race by quite a few bike lenghts. When you start to add motor mods the Zilla is still faster but the gap can be closed and then passed if you invest the right money into any quad.

But you are comparing Apple to Grapes. The Smaller twin can be pumped to almost any size while the Zilla stays pretty much under 600cc. The Banshee does have more options to upgrade the motor the the Zilla. And more shop can work on it also.

But who really cares which one is faster? If this is your only quest in life is to have the fastest quad out there;

You will lose to a few Zilla or Banshees along the way.

Either way they both smell good in the morning!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2003, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Rojo, for a dragster, im sure 14:1 psitons on alcy, would do it. Dumping the pro flow and getting K&N's as well, with no airbox. I don't know much about banshee engines, but maybe some new carbs as well? Lighten up all moving parts... I am sure that the port and polish they gave you wasn't and EXTREME port and polish either, they probably gave you a port and polish for good all around perfomance. Im sure Beech will chime in and tell you all sorts of goodies and nice stuff, seems to me he knows his stuff with 2-strokes. His only problem is he hates on of 4strokes too much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i only hate on 4-strokes cuz they're too damn many of them in pismo! lol

Rojo, i sensed a little sarcasm and disbelief in your response. I guess you dont want to hear that my buddies alcohol 350 done by Dan Wade and Patriot Racing hit 94 horse on DynoEdge's dyno with inframe pipes. Furthermore, to answer your question. Your first problem is LRD...they dont and will NEVER make a 90+horse 350 banshee. Why? Because they simply dont do the R&D when it comes to drag racing. They have a new bike out that runs good, but it isnt a 350!

Reputable builders that will get you in the 85-95hp range are: K&T, A&S, D&M, Port Magic, Tyson Racing, F.A.S.T. racing, and as well as a few others.

Now there is more to a bike then just the port job, you'll also need to ditch the 2 into 1, get yourself some 35.5 (or around there) carb's. FTZ makes a good carb. Also going to need yourself some either stock ported reed cages or some v-forces, ect. Next you'll need yourself a head, and somebody who knows WTF they are doing when they cut the domes for it. Next is the pipe, CPI makes good stuff, both 1 off and standard production. Best bet is to have your builder design you a custom pipe. After that the rest is up to you. Oh and ditch the foam filter.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

I was exagerating just a little on the break your leg thing! But, I will say of the 90 HP 500's I've seen run most guys get about 3 tries to start it, after that they won't kick it again!

As far as the banshee, 90+ crank HP can be done with modded stock components (cylinders, reed cages, head). You will need aftermarket pipes and at least 34mm alky carbs, and +8 timing advance.

Old 11-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Its 90+ and the wheels bro

Old 11-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

k ya with the break your leg coment. well what makes you think pulling a cord is eisear than throughing your body weight on it. i dont no about you but i sure cant pull a 180 pounds of force.

Old 11-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

its actually quiet easy. Easier then youd think. How do you think they start those 1500cc+sled motors?

Old 11-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer

Okay lets say we can kick anything over, nothing is out of the ?. If we can't kick it we'll put an electric start on it. Let a motor do the dirty work if you can't kick it over. Anyway, I really want to know what you can do to an LT500. Keep in mind I ride a 4-stroke but I know a little about 2-stroke motors. Are there not a lot of mods for the LT or are 2 cylinders that much better to work with? Beechman I see that you ride a very nice honda, if I am seeing correctly. Is there a big difference between the single cylinder and the twin banshee? Why do you choose this? Can't those same mods be applied to the already large 500cc LT? And if so why doesn't anyone do this?

Either encourage or discourage me. Once I get out of college, next year. I am going to buy an LT500 build it myself,and/or (have someone else build it) and slap on a boondocker nitrous system. I'm told it's 'reliable'. If not maybe I'll blow up in the process.

Its only money.

Old 11-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

Beech, I haven't seen a 1500cc sled yet. Biggest I've seen (that you can buy) was around 1200cc by Crazy Mountain Extreme or Tison. Those sleds cost around 25K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ive seen aftermarket cylinders in the 1800cc range. Check a little harder [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The reason we went with the honda motor is because it is hands down faster in a drag race. By up to half a second! The fastest known lt500 is a stroked and bored 540 on alcohol in a custom built lonestar drag frame that runs 4.4's. Thats the fastest ive ever heard of. Now you compare that to honda's running a very rare 3.9 to a more common 4.1 and you get the answer to your question.

Quick Reply: How much faster are quadzilla's than banshee's?