Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

How much faster are quadzilla's than banshee's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much faster are quadzilla's than banshee's?

Crank shop will make bigger than 1500cc's with their eyes closed!!!! but in stock form, you have the redline...revolt i think.

beech is right...check a little harder

Old 11-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CroBiker
what about 500 1 cylinder -vs- 350 2 cylinder?
2 cylinders can push out more low end torque to actually get the engine running.

Old 11-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

First off Pismo does have way to many 4 stokes I hate the way the sound they are loud and slow for the most yes there are fast ones but I love my shee. To me I hate the zilla the bike weighs a ton its big and nasty its not even that fun to ride you have to man handle it to get it where you want it to go. The shee well everyone knows about them they never stopped maken them so they have a huge aftermarket of part out there that anyone can get. The zilla is hard to find parts they have a lot of problems too. My friend had one and every time we would take it out there would be a water pump problem or he would blow the head gasket on the thing. My next real question is what kind of riding are you going to do? Is this going to be a full out dragger or are you going to do regular riding with it? I was just kind of wondering because it seems like everyone is going that direction. Stock the 500 is faster, but how long will it be faster and how long will it hold up?

Old 12-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

we had an LT that had all those problems (head gaskets and water pump).

"2 cylinders can push out more low end torque to actually get the engine running."

Thats not totally accurate. Take for example a honda, which makes most of its power off the low end because of the larger stroke and bigger piston. Compare that to a "pipey" banshee which has a shorter stroke and smaller piston. Generally yes a twin will have more torque, but when comparing a stock banshee to a LT500 or a 250r it wont in stock form. Even in a higher state of grace banshee's dont produce a shizz load of torque. Its all made in the rpm

Old 12-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
we had an LT that had all those problems (head gaskets and water pump).

"2 cylinders can push out more low end torque to actually get the engine running."

Thats not totally accurate. Take for example a honda, which makes most of its power off the low end because of the larger stroke and bigger piston. Compare that to a "pipey" banshee which has a shorter stroke and smaller piston. Generally yes a twin will have more torque, but when comparing a stock banshee to a LT500 or a 250r it wont in stock form. Even in a higher state of grace banshee's dont produce a shizz load of torque. Its all made in the rpm
Do you lose 30% of your torque if you have a CVT transmission?

Old 12-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know about losing 30 percent just due to a cvt tranny, maybe 30 percent from crank to rear wheels and a lesser percentage for a manual tranny. the kfx700 has a lot of torque, but im sure it would have much more with a traditional manual transmission.