Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Engine Trix or TDR

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2000 | 01:21 AM
|
Range Rover

I recently purchased a Banshee that has a bad crank. Just wondering what you'll think about Engine Trix. I currently have a TDR hi-po crank in my other machine and it has been perfect. Just wondering what you think about Engine Trix. Also, who do you recommend for porting. I want somebody that will port to my needs, not a cookie cutter approach. I run MX for now, but would like to get into TT and dirt ovals. So far I have heard the best things about Rick (Macdizzy) and LRD. Thanks for any input that you may have.
eric

Old 06-20-2000 | 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

The only bad thing that I have heard about Engine Trix is that they can tend to be a bit "delayed' shall we say in getting your stuff to you. I hear that they do good work it's just you may not always know when it'll be done.

Cookie cutter porting sucks, but it works for 90 percent of the riders out there(it's profit driven business, which you can't fault them for, they gotta make money to live). It's tough to find someone who will take the time to totally re-work your cylinder(s) for you, THAT isn't backlogged for months....For a MX banshee I would think about LRD as well...Arlan tends to be pretty reasonable and doesn't seem to get too caught up in himself nor some of the occasional "hype" in engine building.....