Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

What is the loudest exhaust for the Warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the loudest exhaust for the Warrior?

Interesting opinion Karzy, although both my friend's quadzilla w/ fmf pipe and banshee w/ Toomies are louder than the cobra-piped warrior.....

ANYWAYS, there are plenty of quieter pipes out there that provide equal, maybe even greater power. Check out something like a Supertrapp.

But of course, you were just asking "what's the loudest pipe" so you would know which one NOT to get, right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2003, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer

Last time I had to put my bike on the db meter I passed with flying colors and I have t-5s go figure? I might not like 4-strokes, but I know they never are going to come out with a new 2-stroke sport bike in the US thats for sure.

Old 12-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

If you want loud get a DG they are bad quality but LOUD. Or just cut the baffle out of your stock silencer and it will be loud.

Old 12-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

First the tree huggers complain that 2-strokes pollute too much, so the 4-strokes start to take over the market. Now they complain about the noise because 4-strokes are typically louder. We can't win.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I put an R4 on my Raptor and it isn't exactly quite but it runs the way it is meant to run. The thing is pig with the stock settings. I can't understand why anyone would "want" to be loud but I can understand that to make a quad run right it needs to be uncorked and that is going to make it louder...PERIOD!

Old 12-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

One more thing about being loud....and NO I am not condoning it so don't start bashing on me.

I ride in the desert mostly so maybe I should apologize to the jackrabbits if they don't like the sound level of my quad. Noise seems to be a HUGE concern regarding the sport and if the restrictions keep going in the directly they are then pretty soon we will all be riding electric quads. Weeeeeee!

Yet there are several Harley owners in my area that are so loud they shake windows and set off car alarms half a mile away. I don’t see the hammer coming down on them like it is on the off-roaders. Now tell me....does that make any sence!?!?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2003, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Harley riders/motocyclists have the backing and support of the AMA....whereas the atv'ers have the ATVA standing boldly behind the AMA, behind the desk, behind the planter with their hand out waiting for the next dues payment.....

Maybe it's just me but I don't see/hear/rad much about the ATVA doing much of anything to actually help our sport......other than making comments about this, that or the other in a magazine......and then to see the president of the organization say something to the effect of "we won't admit support or endorse helmet laws (or go fully against them) but if you see someone out on the trail be sure to tell them the great safety benefits of wearing protective gear"

Old 12-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Trailblazer

I think we all have the same problems. If you go to the dunes, desert, or trail riding everything has change from the way it use to be. Pismo Beach Ca they want to save the stupid birds that more seaguls kill then humans. Human impact on the bird is less the 2%, but they still close off the beach. You can't even walk on some parts of it. What a joke. I do agree the main stream of the sport is getting messed up pretty bad because of punk kids thinking their a rock star or something. To me Pismo is just a big party anymore a bunch of drunks is 4x4s hurting people, and drunk people on quads. I can see why they want to close it even though im not for it in any shape. In OR they have the pigs getting on you because your bike is to loud, and now you can't ride here or there or any where. Desert you guys out there are hurting snakes or something stupid, or there is some rare bug and it gives them a reason. The trail riders are getting ding too because they are effecting the forest. Needless to say people don't respect what they have and try to destroy everything. The few that do band together for a weak attempt at saving whats left.

Old 12-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Range Rover

Good point , Just4kicks.

Old 12-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Trailblazer

I live in a middle of a 27,000 acre private hunting club out in the boon docks and one day me and my friends got out the ear plugs and the socket wrenches and took off our mufflers and ill tell you that is the loudest damn pipe you can get which is...... no pipe! the only problem is that the 300ex has a rear hydraulic brake resivor is right at the exhaust coupling. And we did it on a bouyo 220 and it sounds like a 2 stroke. Now you tree hugging hippies dont get pi$$ed and say we were killing daisys and disturbing the wildlife. We found out that straight pipe sounds bada$$ on accident when we were riding into town and the muffler broke off and had to ride it home like that. So that is the loudest pipe you can get. But i dont reccomend it if you live in a neighboorhood or go to public riding places. And you lose a lil bit of performance with straightpipe.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

yea the louder the pipe the more you **** people off... trust me i had about the whole neighborhood callin the cops cuz i started up my stock p300 in my front yard and drove it in circles,...

Viva la 3 stroke!

Quick Reply: What is the loudest exhaust for the Warrior?