Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

600cc warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003 | 10:54 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 600cc warrior

Hey guys, I was originally going to make a shifter kart with a 600cc sportbike engine from say an r6 or cbr 600.... but i discovered that project was gonna cost me a little more than i could afford at the time. So now im considering putting a 600 in my warrior. Now, i was wondering if any of you have undertaken such a project and could give me some advice on whether the engine would fit and so on... One other problem i thought i might come by was the chain drive. Now from what i understand, the chain on the 600 is going to be larger than the originial warrior setup. Can i bolt up a sprocket on the stock axle so it will work?

I plan on just riding this quad recreationally, and racing it on the ice in the winter. I really appreciate any suggestions you guys have. Thanks alot.

Old 12-01-2003 | 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default 600cc warrior

that would be phat

Old 12-02-2003 | 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default 600cc warrior

thats a lot of work, money, and down time

Old 12-02-2003 | 08:19 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 600cc warrior

You think it would be worth it. I'd love to experience it with that much power.

Old 12-02-2003 | 08:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default 600cc warrior

banshee smoker is that a real 500r or is a cr500 in your frame?

Old 12-02-2003 | 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default 600cc warrior

I was riding at the river close to where i live and i saw a warrior with a 600 ninja motor in it . I talked to the guy and it was actually a friend of his bike, but i looked it over close and it looked cool the radiator looked to be the hard part with the fan. but it was mounted up under the headlight's they made some ugly front nose piece i didnt like but the rest was good. and yes that thing would haul azz. there was nothing there that could touch it and there were some fast shee's there . The gearing was too tall but once he got about 10 feet he was gone. plus he used the stock exhaust, but if you put an aftermarket pipe on it , it wouold sound baddddddddddd. aslong as you are good at fabricating brackets and very patient you can do it . But i think it would nickel and dime you to death.

Old 12-03-2003 | 09:01 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 600cc warrior

Yea, two things I've been thinking about is radiator placement and the routing of the exhaust. I was thinking trailing the right two cylinders to the right side of the engine and the left two to the left, but i am unsure. Trailride, did u see how that bikes exhaust was done? Also I think the engine may have to stick out to the right a bit to line up with the sprocket properly but im not sure. If i had the exact dimensions of the engine and radiator I could figure this out alot easier instead of assuming.

Old 12-03-2003 | 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default 600cc warrior

I didnt look hard at the exhaust but it did come off one side. and the engine didnt look to be too one side or the other , maybe a small amount but not much. The exhaoust shouldn't be an issue just keep the pipes the same length or close, a good shop should beable to bend and fabricate an exhaust for ya it will cost a pretty penny but it would be worth it . I want to do the same to an old bike but i want a gsxr 750 motor in it with an extended swingarm. Ive put alot of thought into this as you have. I hope you get one going no one couold touch you in a drag, and i dont know why we dont see more of these bikes around. its cheeper to do this than build a 20,000 $ banshee to do the same times, but i dont think you could race in any true drags , unless the the big mod class will let ya then you would be in trouble.

Old 12-03-2003 | 11:03 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 600cc warrior

hey, thanks for all the info man. I was wonderin, how old are ya? Cuz im 16.

Old 12-04-2003 | 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default 600cc warrior

im 27 going on 16 myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 600cc warrior